The objective of the the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme is to support the reinforcement of the effectiveness of EU Cohesion Policy and other sectoral policies and programmes under European Structural Investment (ESI) funds as well as national and regional territorial development policies, through the production, dissemenation and promotion of territorial evidence covering the entire territory of the 28 EU Members States, as well as 4 Partner States of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
ESPON focuses on the Thematic Objective 11 “Enhancing institutional capacity". However, As all 11 thematic objectives have a territorial dimension or impact, they are all considered relevant for support by European territorial evidence produced, generated and disseminated by ESPON 2020.
- Enhanced production of territorial evidence through applied research and analyses.
- Upgraded knowledge transfer and use of analytical user support.
- Improved territorial observation and tools for territorial analyses.
- Wider outreach and uptake of territorial evidence.
- United Kingdom
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 41,377,019.00 €
Total OP budget: 48,678,851.00 €
Total EU contribution: 41,377,019.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014TC16RFIR004
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesESPON