Operational Programme for EU Structural Funds Investments for 2014-2020
The Lithuanian multi-fund Operational Programme (OP) brings together several key EU investment funds aimed at helping Lithuania's economic development as well as tackling social exclusion, unemployment and vital issues like energy security. It reflects the goals of the Europe 2020 strategy with a clear emphasis on boosting research and innovation, SME competitiveness, the shift to a low-carbon economy, the promotion of human capital, especially of young people, and the fight against poverty
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting Lithuania's ability to achieve the key EU and national development priorities:
- 10.12 % of the total OP allocations are envisaged to boost RTD and innovation in Lithuania, helping the country reach its national Europe 2020 target of 1.9 % of the GDP to be invested in RTD (0.9% in 2011). In particular, the OP contribution is expected to foster RDI commercialisation and knowledge transfer as well as to effectively stimulate private RDI investments (priority axis 1).
- 3.64 % of the total OP allocation is aimed at ensuring the accessibility of high-speed broadband connection for all, developing e-services, e-solutions, e-commerce (priority axis 2).
- 7.92 % of the OP resources are allocated to support SMEs' competitiveness and innovation (priority axis 3).
- ? 14.48 % of the OP funding is aimed at supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors (priority axis 4). Together with investments in resource efficiency and infrastructure, these funds will contribute to Lithuania reaching its national Europe 2020 target of 23.0 % of energy deriving from renewable energy sources (20.3 % in 2011).
- 12.49 % of the OP allocation will be spent on the measures dedicated to environment, sustainable use of natural resources and adaptation to climate change (priority axis 5).
- 17.20 % of the OP funding is aimed at removing barriers to the core network infrastructure through modernisation and development of transport and energy infrastructure (priority axis 7). The investments in transport will be targeted at increasing the interoperability of different transport modes on the TEN-T network and enhancing regional mobility by connecting secondary and tertiary notes to TEN-T infrastructure, including multimodal nodes. The investments in energy infrastructure will be targeted at improving energy efficiency and security of supply through the development of smart energy distribution, storage and transmission systems and through the integration of distributed generation from renewable sources. The creation of international energy links will reduce Lithuania's energy dependence on one provider and ensure a reliable and safe energy supply of energy to citizens.
- 10.86 % of the OP resources are dedicated to promoting sustainable and quality employment and supporting labour mobility (priority axis 7), thus contributing to the attainment of the national Europe 2020 target of 72.8 % of 20-64 year-olds to be employed (68.7 % in 2012) and reducing the number of young people not in employment, education or training.
- 7.99 % of the OP resources will facilitate the transition from institutional to community-based care and improve access to social housing and quality of health care services for people at risk of poverty or social exclusion (priority axis 8).
- 9.89 % of funds will be invested in the educational system system with the objectives of improving pupils' achievement in general education, the quality and labour market relevance of higher education, vocational education and training as well as improving researchers' abilities (priority axis 9).
- The OP also aims at improving the Lithuanian business environment by reducing the administrative burden for businesses and improving the quality and efficiency of public services in general (priority axis 10: 2.24%).
- Cohesion Fund (CF): 2,048,917,626.00 €
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 3,501,411,767.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 1,095,501,471.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 7,887,798,522.00 €
Total EU contribution: 6,709,396,130.00 €
CCI number: 2014LT16MAOP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOperational Programme for EU Structural Funds Investments for 2014-2020