Human Resources Development Operational Programme
Investment programme will increase the human capital and improve the social environment in Hungary
Representing over 11% of all EU financial support for Hungary in 2014-2020, the Human Resource Development Operational Programme (OP) will implement 2.6 billion euros of EU funding, 65.4 % from the European Social Fund (ESF) and 34.6 % from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
In the field of human capital, Hungary faces one of the biggest backlogs regarding long-term effect structural development factors. This OP has therefore been designed for contributing to address social and demographic challenges. The main interventions cover social inclusion, strengthening social cohesion and the role of the family, health promotion and prevention, improving the quality of public education, increasing the number of people who have tertiary education and strengthening the staff of social institutions.
The various instruments of this programme will contribute to create social cohesion related to economic growth and to achieve Hungary's employment development goals. Involving disadvantaged groups, Roma, and other socially deprived groups living in segregation, this programme can set off fundamental changes in the social environment of Hungary. Through public education and health promotion programmes it can also contribute to a better quality of life.
Some of the expected impacts from thenationalHuman Resource Development OP of Hungary include:
- 18,000 disadvantaged people will be involved in labour market integration programmes;
- 170,000 people will have access to improved family support services;
- In 110 settlements, programmes will be implemented for the integration of segregated areas;
- 7,000 migrants and minorities (including Roma) will be involved in social development programmes;
- There will be 300,000 participants in health promotion and disease prevention programmes, and advanced health infrastructure will be developed with a capacity of 4000 persons;
- For 10,000 places in child protection and social care locations, the transition from institutional to community-based services will take place;
- 60,000 students and 40,000 teachers will participate in various training and retraining programmes linked to reducing and preventing early school leaving and promoting equal access to good quality early childhood, primary and secondary education;
- 280 public education institutes will be subject to development investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning;
- 500 micro, small and medium enterprises (including cooperative enterprises and enterprises in the social economy) will use financial instruments to strengthen social cooperation.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 904,816,497.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 1,707,972,503.00 €
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 3,069,636,241.00 €
Total EU contribution: 2,612,789,000.00 €
CCI number: 2014HU05M2OP001
Pénzügyminisztérium - Gazdaságfejlesztési Programok Ügyfélszolgálata (GINOP, GOP)
Váci út 45./C
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesHuman Resources Development Operational Programme