SOUTH AEGEAN OP
The Programme aims to boost economic development and create job opportunities in the islands of South Aegean. It contributes to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, also in line with the smart specialisation strategy. It should create jobs and help SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven. EU funding will also contribute to meet the requirements of the Union's acquis, in particular as regards the water supply, and increase energy efficiency
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting following key EU and national development priorities:
- "Reinforcement of the competitiveness and innovation" (ERDF – 13.3% of the EU allocation): promotion of innovation and use of ICT by the SMEs, improvment of the ICT products and services and promotion of the access of SMEs in the national and international markets.
- "Sustainable growth and management of resources" (ERDF – 19.9% of the EU allocation): improvement of the energy efficiency of public and private buildings and promoting renewable energy.
- "Improvement of key infrastructures" (ERDF – 24.5% of the EU allocation): improvment of 2 TEN-T ports' infrastructure and upgrading of inter-regional connections among islands and with the mainland, improvement in health and social care infrastructure, as well the attractiveness of the infrastructures in educational sector.
- "Promotion of social integration – Human resources development" (ESF – 25.6% of the EU allocation): reinforcment of self-employment and entrepreneurship in particular in the smart specialisation priorities, improvment of access to employment and social care services for vulnerable groups.
- "Reinforcement of regional cohesion" (ERDF – 14.9% of the EU allocation): promotion of regional cohesion for very small islands with investments in the sectors of environment, entrepreneurship, transport, culture, health and education.
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF – 1.3% and ESF 0.5 of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of 24 new SMEs and cooperation of some 40 enterprises with research institutions
- Creation of 84 full time equivalent jobs
- Improved water supply to an additional 3,400 persons and waste water treatment to an additional 600 persons
- Annual energy savings by more than 10 ktoe in private and public buildings
- Reduction of road accidents by 28%
- Support of 69 social enterprises
- Improved health services for 3,000 persons
- Notio Aigaio
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 62,383,393.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 24,105,315.00 €
Total OP budget: 172,977,416.00 €
Total EU contribution: 86,488,708.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP013
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesSOUTH AEGEAN OP