WESTERN GREECE OP
The Programme aims to boost economic development and create job opportunities in Western Greece. It contributes to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, also in line with the smart specialisation strategy. It should create jobs and help SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven. EU funding will also contribute to meeting the requirements of the Union's acquis, in particular as regards waste water treatment and the increase of solid waste recycling, and increase energy efficiency.
The OP will contribute to promoting the following key priorities:
- "Reinforcement of competitiveness, extroversion and transition to a quality entrepreneurship with focus on innovation and increase of national added value" (ERDF – 14.34% of the EU allocation): increase of enterprises' participation in RTDI and improvement of competitiveness.
- "Environmental protection - transition to an environmental friendly economy" (ERDF – 32.10% of the EU allocation): increasing energy efficiency in the business sector as well as for public and private buildings.
- " Development, modernisation and completion of transport infrastructures" (ERDF – 26.77% of the EU allocation): completing TEN-T, enhancing regional mobility, developing eco-friendly and low-carbon transport. It is expected that time-distance to urban centres and economic areas will be reduced by 9 minutes. Road safety is a priority.
- "Development of human resources, promotion of social integration and fight against poverty and discrimination" (ESF – 16.62% of the EU allocation).
- "Development, modernisation and completion of social, health and educational infrastructures" (ERDF – 8.33% of the EU allocation).
- "Technical Assistance (ERDF – 1.53% and ESF 0.31 % of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of more than 700 SMEs and cooperation of more than 32 enterprises with research institutions
- Creation of 730 full time equivalent jobs
- Improved water supply to additional 36,000 persons and waste water treatment to additional 15,000 persons
- Additional 350,000 tonnes of waste recycling capacity per year
- Annual energy savings of 99 ktoe
- Support of 138 social enterprises
- Quality health and social care services should be provided respectively to 27,000 and 650 people living below the poverty threshold.
- The population covered by improved health services should reach 200,000 people
- Dytiki Ellada
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 328,391,892.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 77,792,782.00 €
Total OP budget: 507,730,846.00 €
Total EU contribution: 406,184,674.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP005
Special Managing Authority for the Operational Programme 'Western Greece
NEO Patrwn Athinwn 28
264 41, Patrao
+ 30 2613611400
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesWESTERN GREECE OP