CENTRAL MACEDONIA OP
The Programme aims to boost economic development and create job opportunities in Central Macedonia. It contributes to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, also in line with the smart specialisation strategy. It should create jobs and help SMEs to become more competitive and innovation-driven. EU funding will also contribute to meeting the requirements of the Union's acquis, in particular as regards greenhouse gas reduction in and increase energy efficiency.
The OP support will substantially contribute to promoting the following key EU and national development priorities:
- "Strengthening research, technological development and innovation" (ERDF – 2.38% of EU allocation).
- "Enhancing access to, and use and quality of, ICT" (ERDF – 1.16 % of EU allocation).
- "Enhancing competitiveness of SMEs" (ERDF – 10.79 % of EU allocation).
- "Supporting the shift towards a low-carbon economy in all sectors" (ERDF – 3.4% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management" (ERDF – 7.66 % of EU allocation.
- "Preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency" (ERDF – 12.51 % of EU allocation)
- "Promoting sustainable transport and removing bottlenecks in key network infrastructures" (ERDF – 37.19% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting sustainable and quality employment and supporting labour mobility" (ESF – 1.26% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination - ERDF" (ERDF – 3.16% of EU allocation).
- "Promoting social inclusion, combating poverty and any discrimination - ESF" (ESF – 15.42% of EU allocation).
- "Investing in education, training and vocational training for skills and lifelong learning" (ERDF – 3.16 % of EU allocation)
- "Technical Assistance Axis" (ERDF – 1.52% and ESF – 0.31% of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Support of more than 900 SMEs and cooperation of more than 400 enterprises with research institutions
- Creation of 1,300 employment positions
- Improved anti-flood measures for additional 300,000 inhabitants and upgraded transport networks for additional 445,000 persons
- Annual energy savings of 160 ktoe and protection of additional 530,000ha Natura sites
- Support of 35 business plans for social enterprises creating 175 employment positions and social inclusion measures covering 1,000 disabled people and 6,500 immigrants.
- Kentriki Makedonia
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 646,354,922.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 161,594,654.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO2 - Information and communication technologies
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 1,009,936,974.00 €
Total EU contribution: 807,949,576.00 €
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP002
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesCENTRAL MACEDONIA OP