COMPETITIVENESS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION OP
The OP should substantially contribute to the proposed shift in the growth model of the Greek economy from non-tradable into tradable sectors, and cluster development of innovative and out turned sectors with a sustainable competitive advantage. A crucial aspect of the OP is its articulation with the Regional OPs regarding the support of priorities identified through national/regional smart specialisation strategies (RIS3) at the appropriate level. EU funding will also contribute in upgrading the country's infrastructures in the sectors enhancing the development of entrepreneurship, the innovation and the outturn of the enterprises (mainly research centres, broadband and NGA infrastructures and energy efficiency interventions).. The use of Financial Instruments is foreseen in most of the specific objectives (including those relating to energy efficiency), where appropriate and depending on the results of the ongoing ex-ante assessments. The OP contributes to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The OP will contribute to promote the following key priorities:
- "Enhancing entrepreneurship with sectorial priorities" (ERDF –50,79% of EU allocation): increase research potential and private investments in research and development, promote innovation and outturn of SMEs, particularly in sectors with a competitive advantage (agri-food, energy, supply chain, cultural and creative industries, environment, tourism/culture, ICT, health, Material/Constructions).
- "Adaptability of employees, enterprises and entrepreneurial environment to the new development requirements" (ESF –18,18% of EU allocation): aiming at matching the employees and enterprises skills to the development needs. In parallel, the effort will focus on the capacity of the public administration to facilitate the improvement of the entrepreneurial environment.
- "Development of mechanisms to enhance entrepreneurship" (ERDF –29,19 % of EU allocation): invest in upgrading the country's infrastructures in the sectors enhancing the development of entrepreneurship, the innovation and the outturn of the enterprises (mainly research centres, broadband and NGA infrastructures and energy efficiency interventions).
- "Technical Assistance" (ERDF - 1.50% and ESF 0.34% of EU allocation respectively): provision of technical assistance.
- Contribute to increase the RDI expenditure, of the enterprises, in all Regions (from 0.34% to 0.51 % of the GDP);
- Contribute to double the number of Patents in transition and more developed Regions;
- Contribute to increase the use of ICT up to 20% of the SMEs, in transition and more developed Regions, from as low as 8% today;
- Contribute to increase, up to 2020, the broadband coverage to 100% and the NGA broadband connections of a 100 Mbps bandwidth to 50%,
- Assist at least 1.185 enterprises to create new products; assist at least 22.500 SMEs; create at least 8.430 new jobs in the assisted enterprises
- Contribute to increase the Gross Added Value of the 9 strategic sectors of the country by at least €11 billion
- Contribute to increase the Exports' Value in the 9 strategic sectors of the country by at least €1,1 billion
- Increase the penetration of Renewable Energy Sources to the energy balance of the country up to 20% by 2020;
- Double the investment of the enterprises to adopt more environmental friendly processes, in order to reduce their environmental footprint (from €38 to 76 million);
- Contribute to increase the amount of recycling of industrial waste from 765.000 to 970.000 tonnes /year
- Contribute to improve the Energy Efficiency of the country's building stock from 70 ktoe/ year to 900 ktoe/year;
- Contribute to increase the alternative use of natural gas from 4.225 to 6.600 million m³/year;
- Contribute to increase the % of final consumers using smart meters from 0 to 80% by 2020;
- Leverage an additional amount of private contribution of 3,5 billion € against the public investment of 4,5 billion € generated by the OP;
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 3,103,666,819.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 546,458,093.00 €
Total OP budget: 4,670,086,857.00 €
Total EU contribution: 3,650,124,912.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014GR16M2OP001
Special Managing Authority for the Operational Programme "Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation" 2014-2020
56 Mesogion Ave.,
11527, Athens, Greece
(0030) 801 11 36 300
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesCOMPETITIVENESS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION OP