OP Saarland ERDF 2014-2020
The strategy and the priorities of the ERDF OP Saarland 2014-2020 aim at the creation of a business environment that promotes innovation and sustainable economic growth while ensuring attractive jobs and contributing to an environmentally friendly development in the region. Great attention will also be paid to sustainable integrated urban development projects and to the protection of cultural and natural heritage. Selected cities and regions will implement projects in the frame of integrated concepts with a verifiable impact for economic, social and ecological revitalisation.
These projects will make a significant contribution towards reaching objectives of the Europe 2020 Strategy for intelligent, sustainable and inclusive growth.
Saarland involves a number of actors from the economy, research, education and civil society in the implementation of the programme.
The Programme will focus on five main priorities:
- Strengthening of research, technological development and innovation
- Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs
- Promotion of measures to reduce CO2 emissions, including measures to increase energy efficiency and the use of renewable energies in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Sustainable integrated urban development
- Promotion of cultural and natural heritage
- Creation of 250 new jobs in research and science in supported organisations
- 24 companies cooperating with research institutions supported
- 40 new rehabilitated industrial areas
- Reduction of the green-house gas emissions by over 3900 t CO2 equivalent per year
5 integrated concepts with projects for the revitalisation of cities
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 143,289,081.00 €
Total OP budget: 294,989,697.00 €
Total EU contribution: 143,289,081.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014DE16RFOP011
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOP Saarland ERDF 2014-2020