Regional programme Franche-Comté et Jura 2014-2020
The ERDF-ESF Programme of Franche-Comté and Jura aims to boost economic growth, create jobs and boost productivity, particularly in SMEs and contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth by strengthening Research, Development and Innovation in SMEs and in the public sector -29% of the overall budget is allocated to research, innovation and competitiveness of SMEs-; developing the use of Information and Communication Technologies for a better competitiveness of enterprises and a greater social and territorial cohesion; encouraging low carbon economy -24% of the overall budget is allocated to low carbon economy; supporting integrated urban development and economic development of the Jura mountains area; investing in education and training and enhancing access to lifelong learning.
The Programme will focus on the following priorities:
- Increasing research activities in particular in the sectors identified in the Smart Specialisation Strategy
- Enhancing creation of SMEs' and their competitiveness
- strengthening ICT applications for e-government, e- learning, e-culture and e-health;
- Encouraging low carbon economy (renewable energies, energy efficiency in buildings and sustainable multimodal urban mobility)
- Sustainable integrated urban development (regenerate and decontaminate brownfield sites and regeneration of deprived communities
- Improved lifelong learning, training and skills development for all parts of the population, to create a more flexible workforce. The OP will focus on vocational training and qualifications targeted at economic development that generates jobs and creates inclusive growth.
- Enhanced skills and training opportunities for jobseekers, in particular the nearly one-third of this group that have no qualifications.
- Better qualification levels of young people: Franche-Comté and Jura has one of the least-qualified groups of 18-24 year-olds in France, while only 64% of over 16s continue in education. The OP’s goal is further supported by the focus on skills development and certification in France’s national programme for developing this region.
Some of the expected results
- Support to 1 000 companies
- Improvement the quality of the numerical services and increase of their use
- Additional production of 27MW from renewable sources of energy
- Reduction of energy consumption in public and social housing - some 6300 households will benefit from investments in more efficient energy consumption
- Reduction by 41.000 tonnes of emissions
- Increase of the attractiveness of the tourist destination Mountains of Jura
- Increase the level of qualification
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 150,937,387.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 33,572,613.00 €
Total OP budget: 423,994,196.00 €
Total EU contribution: 184,510,000.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014FR16M2OP005
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesRegional programme Franche-Comté et Jura 2014-2020