Regional programme Midi-Pyrénées et Garonne 2014-2020
The ERDF-ESF Programme for Midi-Pyrénées and Garonne aims to boost economic growth and contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. It will help the region enhance innovation and value-added research activities, encourage energy transition and offer adapted training programmes. More than 42% of the overall budget is allocated to research, innovation and competitiveness of SMEs and more than 13% to lifelong training actions. Moreover, specific actions are foreseen within the Youth Employment Initiative framework – orienting young NEET over the labour market by appropriate training paths and channelling these operations over one of the global objectives of the OP: encouraging the participation of the local population in moving over inclusive growth via specifically designed training and employment support.
The Programme will focus on the following priorities:
- Increasing collaboration between businesses and research centres in particular in the sectors identified in the Smart Specialisation Strategy
- Rising new business creation and enhancing entrepreneurship, especially among disadvantaged groups.
- Improving broadband access in priority sites (SMEs, research centres, hospitals, schools, universities…)
- Improving access to sustainable employment via lifelong learning offers and orientation for all ages to help ensure skills are kept up to date and relevant. The objective is to increase participation in training programmes in those growing economic sectors where jobs are available
- Increasing the adaptation of the educational structure to the analysed market demand with particular regard to equal access to high level qualification structures all over the territory
- Youth Employment Initiative spending will target learning and counselling programmes for those currently not in employment, education or training (NEETs). Projects will help to provide young people with the relevant skills and qualifications to make the transition into work
- Encouraging low carbon economy (renewable energies, energy efficiency in buildings and housing)
- Contributing to biodiversity protection and increasing green infrastructure
- Improving territorial cohesion in urban deprived areas
Expected impacts (by 2020)
- Creation of 11 000 new businesses
- Ensuring a broadband connection to 1 288 000 housing and professional premises
- Renewable energies: produce 2 200 thousand tons of oil equivalent
- Offering protection measures against floods to 300 000 people living in the Garonne River Basin.
 A NEET is a young person who is "Not in Education, Employment, or Training".
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 474,756,222.00 €
- European Social Fund (ESF): 68,056,098.00 €
Total OP budget: 1,117,953,887.00 €
Total EU contribution: 550,162,694.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014FR16M0OP007
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesRegional programme Midi-Pyrénées et Garonne 2014-2020