Interreg V-A - Finland-Estonia-Latvia-Sweden (Central Baltic)
The cooperation programme addresses a number of challenges linked to the implementation of the Europe 2020 strategy in coastal regions of the participating Member States.
The programme's main focus will be on enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs and promoting entrepreneurship, promoting the sustainable use of common resources (supporting sustainable tourism, reducing pollution of the Baltic Sea, improving urban environment) and improving transport flows of people and goods. In addition, the programme will also support cross-border vocational education and training schemes, and will strengthen disadvantaged communities (through small-scale people-to-people projects).
The programme will develop and implement joint solutions for joint problems. Investments in infrastructure will be small-scale and in many cases of a pilot nature.
The programme will make a significant contribution to the implementation of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region.
The programme will focus on the following four priorities:
1. Competitive economy
2. Sustainable use of common resources
3. Well-connected region
4. Skilled and socially inclusive region
Some of the expected results
• 150 new enterprises supported through training, advisory services, networking
• 120 000 more visitors to supported sites of cultural and natural heritage
• Reduced inflow of nutrients, hazardous substances and toxins into the Baltic Sea
• Improved services in 15 small ports
• 5 000 people participating in joint education and vocational training schemes
- ÅLAND (NUTS 1)
- Östra Sverige
- Östra Mellansverige
- Småland med öarna
- Norra Mellansverige
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 132,628,689.00 €
Total OP budget: 170,544,922.00 €
Total EU contribution: 132,628,689.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB014
The Regional Council of South-West Finland
P.O. Box 273
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Finland-Estonia-Latvia-Sweden (Central Baltic)