Innovation and Sustainable Growth in Businesses. National Programme for the European Regional Fund – 2014-2020
The Programme aims to boost economic growth in all Danish regions and contribute to achieving the Europe 2020 targets for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. It should create jobs and boost productivity, particularly in SMEs. EU funding will be targeted according to the unique strengths and development needs of each region.
The Programme will focus on four main priorities:
- Increase the number of innovative SMEs
Investments under this priority will both support cooperation between businesses and knowledge institutions on innovation and promote innovation in SME's though strong clusters
- Increase the number of growth SMEs
The aim of this priority is to enable SMEs to exploit their growth potential. The priority only targets SMEs which are likely to have a substantial growth potential, which can be quickly exploited and with a management motivated for growth.
- Enhance energy and resource efficiency in SMEs
This priority targets individual SMEs or networks of SMEs with a high and measurable potential for increased resource and energy efficiency
- Reduce energy consumption in cities with more than 30.000 inhabitants
Linking this priority to the other ones, the target here is specifically cities or urban areas. Investments will be part of integrated sustainable urban development strategies. The aim is to increase innovation related on the one hand to resource and energy efficiency in SMEs, and on the other innovation and implementation of low emissions technologies in SMEs.
Some of the expected results
- 1.900 businesses having cooperated with knowledge institutions
- Private investments of DKR 344m (app. €46m)
- Investments in 6.800 SMEs
- 700 new growth businesses
- Turn-over in businesses DKR 5.400m (app. € 725)
- Create 2.700 jobs
- 800 businesses having participated in cooperation projects on innovation
- Reduce Green House Gas emissions with 49.000 tonnes
- Reduce annual energy consumption with 905.000G j
Operational Programme - full text
The European Regional Development Fund is implemented in Denmark through Growth Forums. There are six such Growth Forums, one in each region plus one in Bornholm. Bornholm, which is formally part of the Capital region, has its own development strategy.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 206,615,841.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO4 - Low-carbon economy
Total OP budget: 399,225,122.00 €
Total EU contribution: 206,615,841.00 €
CCI number: 2014DK16RFOP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInnovation and Sustainable Growth in Businesses. National Programme for the European Regional Fund – 2014-2020