Interreg V-A - Greece-Cyprus
The cooperation programme Interreg V-A Greece-Cyprus aims to increase the competitiveness of the eligible area by supporting entrepreneurship and the use of information and communication technologies. The foreseen interventions will improve the capacity of SMEs to exploit opportunities outside the local market with emphasis on sectors that emerge from the RIS3 process. This will take place in a sustainable manner by mitigating or reversing the negative effects of climate change through promoting a low emission economy. The programme aims to integrate all issues relating to the environment, either in terms of protection against risks or in terms of promotion of the natural and cultural heritage.
The programme will focus on the following three priorities:
- Enhancing competitiveness and entrepreneurship in the eligible area.
- Efficient use of energy and sustainable transport.
- Conservation and protection of the environment and risk prevention.
Some of the expected results
- Increase the use of Information and Communication Technologies by businesses and the public sector.
- Reduce air pollutants in urban areas in the eligible area.
- Enhance accessibility in the border region while improving transport safety.
- Improve Maritime Spatial Planning and Integrated Coastal Zone Management.
- Produce Joint tourism development strategies and planning of joint alternative tourism products / destinations.
- Improve the efficiency of water resources. Promote integrated waste management.
- NISIA AIGAIOU, KRITI
- Voreio Aigaio
- Notio Aigaio
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 54,876,411.00 €
Total OP budget: 64,560,486.00 €
Total EU contribution: 54,876,411.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB055
Greek Ministry for Development and Competitiveness
65 Georgikis Sxolis
Pilaia, 57001, Thessaloniki
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Greece-Cyprus