ESF Operational Programme Efficient Human Resources 2014-2020
This programme aims to contribute to creating jobs and strengthening social cohesion in Croatia. Its total volume is EUR 1.849 billion of which EUR 1.582 billion from the EU budget including EUR 66 million from the Youth Employment Initiative.
Investments will cover four main areas:
- Some 34% of available funds are earmarked for measures to support access to sustainable and quality employment for job-seekers and inactive persons. An emphasis will be placed on the effectiveness and reach of active labour market measures by increasing the coverage for the young, long-term unemployed and older workers, as well as preventive measures for those facing the risk of losing their jobs in a changing environment. Special attention will be given to improve the situation of young people not in employment, education or training (NEET) aged 15 to 29.
- Around 28% of the budget will be invested to ensure an adequate match between the skills of the workforce with the labour market needs. Tertiary education, vocational education and lifelong learning will be reformed and stimulated to ensure that people get the right skills. Actions will improve the quality and efficiency of tertiary and equivalent education, enhance access to lifelong learning (LLL) and improve the labour market relevance of education and training systems.
- In view of tackling the high risk of poverty and social exclusion rate in the country, investments will support the provision of high-quality social services, adapted to the specific needs of targeted population and areas. Community-based services targeting persons with disabilities, children and youth without adequate parental care will be developed, to prevent or reduce their placement in institutions. Targeted and integrated actions will be implemented to prevent and tackle the discrimination and social exclusion, and develop social entrepreneurship.
- The ESF will also support the national reform of the public administration through better and sound management of public finances, cutting of unnecessary procedures including in the business sector, developing the e-administration, and fighting corruption. Social dialogue and building capacities and partnership among its stakeholders will be promoted. The efficiency of the judiciary sector will be strengthened in view of speeding up the legal procedures, as well as ensuring efficiency and impartiality.
- European Social Fund (ESF): 1,414,738,021.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 1,884,863,377.00 €
Total EU contribution: 1,617,328,125.00 €
CCI number: 2014HR05M9OP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesESF Operational Programme Efficient Human Resources 2014-2020