Operational programme “Innovations and Competitiveness”
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are the main target group of the OPIC 2014-2020. The Programme's strategy, as a part of the implementation of the EU structural and investment funds (ESIF) in Bulgaria, is closely related to the Investment for growth and jobs goal and Bulgaria‘s contribution to "Europe 2020" targets.
Part of the Programme's budget was shifted to the Operational Programme SME Initiative.
The ERDF support under OPIC 2014-2020 aims at addressing the needs, overcoming the challenges, and seizing the opportunities for development of Bulgarian economy. This will be done by engaging in smart growth (under priority axes 1, 2) and sustainable growth (under priority axes 3, 4). The Programme also aims at achieving a complementary effect in terms of inclusive growth. Only priority axes 1 and 3 are allowed for large enterprises, while most of the Programme's support targets SMEs.
The Programme is focused on five priority axes:
- Technological development and innovation
- Entrepreneurship and SME growth capacity
- Energy and resource efficiency
- Removing bottlenecks in security of gas supplies
- Technical Assistance
- Increase the share of innovative enterprises of the total number of enterprises by 10%
- Support more than 9000 enterprises through grant support and financial instruments
- Employment increase of 19.6% in supported enterprises
- Mobilise more than EUR 1 billion in private investment
- Increase the export volume of goods and services by SMEs and SMEs’ productivity
- Contribute to reducing the energy intensity of the economy
- Build a gas interconnector between Bulgaria and Serbia contributing to the development of energy infrastructure and security of supply in the country.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 1,358,724,626.00 €
Total OP budget: 1,577,206,550.00 €
Total EU contribution: 1,358,724,626.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014BG16RFOP002
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOperational programme “Innovations and Competitiveness”