Operational Programme Good Governance
Investments will address challenges related to the efficiency of the administrations in providing quality, fast and affordable services for all groups of society
The Bulgarian Operational Programme "Good Governance" (OPGG) for the implementation of the European Social Fund (ESF) in the period 2014-2020 outlines the priorities and objectives to invest nearly €336 million (of which €286 million from the EU budget) to help modernise the public administration and transparency of the judiciary in Bulgaria.
The programme has two overall goals:
Modernising Public Administration
- Around €118 million are dedicated to reduce administrative and regulatory burden on citizens and business. This programme is the key funding instrument to support the improvement of the overall transparency and accountability of civil service and the functioning of public procurement systems.
- The programme also focuses on e-government as an instrument to enhance administrative processes and reduce costs. Improving services will contribute significantly to social cohesion through targeted measures aimed at increasing the digital competences of the population and overcoming the digital divide. In addition to horizontal e-government systems, particular attention will be paid to implement sectoral systems such as e-procurement, e-health and e-customs.
Improving the quality, independence and efficiency of the judiciary
- Another €30 million will fund measures to increase transparency and accelerate judicial proceedings through structural, procedural and organisational reforms in the judiciary; to improve the accessibility and the accountability of the judiciary through the introduction of e-justice, and to extend the scope and improve the quality of training in the judicial system.
- A dedicated funding of €62 million will finance the horizontal structures responsible for the management and implementation of the European Structural and Investment Funds and the improvement of beneficiaries' capacity, as well as the effective functioning of Unified Management Information System.
Over the funding period, around 100 administrations will be supported to introduce complex administrative service delivery and 144 administrations will introduce quality management systems. The programme is expected to train some 175 000 state administration employees and 25 000 magistrates, court officials, officials of the investigating authorities. 20 municipal services will be supported for standardization and some 850 e-services will be developed at the level of transaction. Around 250 000 judicial cases are expected to be managed electronically.
- European Social Fund (ESF): 284,031,663.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO11 - Better public administration
Total OP budget: 334,154,899.00 €
Total EU contribution: 284,031,663.00 €
CCI number: 2014BG05SFOP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOperational Programme Good Governance