Operational Programme Human Resources Development
The ESF in Bulgaria is looking to generate more jobs and inclusiveness while reducing poverty, in order to reach its employment and social goals for 2020.
Bulgaria’s Human Resources Development (HRD) operational programme (OP) has two overall goals: boosting employment and reducing social exclusion; and reducing poverty levels. The total ESF investment is over EUR 1 billion, including funding from the Youth Employment Initiative.
The OP has several broad priorities, including job creation, mobility and education, as well as training.
Investment will focus on the following:
- Employment will be boosted by projects targeting better access to jobs and helping long-term unemployed and young people, particularly those not in employment, education or training up to 29 years of age. Improvements to public employment services will play a key role, and more such services will be established. Self-employment and the capacity to adapt quickly to change will be encouraged. In addition, lifelong learning opportunities will be offered to all groups and age levels. Workers and jobseekers will thus receive help in obtaining new skills and qualifications in order to improve their career opportunities.
- Around EUR 286 million is dedicated to social inclusion measures. These will target groups such as the young and older members of society, those with disabilities, and minorities such as Roma. Social entrepreneurship and access to vocational training will be promoted, as will better access to health and social care services.
- The OP will also fund improvements to public services that deal with employment and social or health-related matters. Funding for transnational exchanges of good practice will help to achieve this.
Over the funding period, the OP is expected to boost the qualifications of some 100 000 people, give 28 000 jobseekers a work placement and help a further 17 000 young people with employment and training measures. Some 160 000 people will benefit from lifelong learning opportunities while several thousand children, including those with disabilities, will get better access to health care.
- European Social Fund (ESF): 828,287,825.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
- TO9 - Social inclusion
Total OP budget: 1,092,248,080.00 €
Total EU contribution: 938,665,315.00 €
CCI number: 2014BG05M9OP001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesOperational Programme Human Resources Development