The Danube Transnational Programme will support policy integration in the area within a range of fields linked to the priorities of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR). Transnational projects should influence national, regional and local policies (acting as “policy drivers”).
The Programme will focus on four priorities:
- "Innovative and socially responsible Danube region": promotion of eco-innovation, knowledge transfer, cluster policy, social innovation and skilled entrepreneurship including technological and non-technological innovation aspects.
- "Environment and culture responsible Danube region": focus on joint and integrated approaches to preserve and manage the diversity of natural and cultural assets in the Danube region as a basis for sustainable development and growth strategies.
- "Better connected and energy responsible Danube region": to tackle common challenges related to environmentally-friendly, low-carbon and safe transport systems including inland waterways and ports and multimodal links in order to contribute to sustainable regional and local mobility, modal integration and intelligent transport.
- "Well-governed Danube region": This priority will crucially contribute to improve the capabilities and capacities of public institutions and key actors involved in the implementation of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region in a more effective way. It will also seek to improve legal and policy frameworks, develop strategies, joint capacities and actions and coordinate delivery of services in areas with major societal challenges (including labour market policies, education systems and policies, demographic change and migration challenges, inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized groups, participatory planning process and involvement of civil society, urban-rural cooperation and partnership, and cooperation on safety, justice and security issues).
Intensified cooperation in order to better address challenges in the fields of:
- research and innovation,
- competences for business and social innovation,
- sustainable use of natural and cultural heritage and resources,
- transnational water management and flood risk prevention, disaster risk management,
- environmentally-friendly, safe and balanced transport systems,
- energy security and energy efficiency,
- Intensified cooperation to increase management capacities of Priority Area Coordinators (PAC) to effectively implement EUSDR goals, targets and key actions.
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 202,095,405.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
Total OP budget: 274,578,077.00 €
Total EU contribution: 231,924,597.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16M6TN001
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesDanube