Interreg V-A - United Kingdom-Ireland (Ireland-Wales)
The programme will focus on three key areas that are seen as crucial for job creation and growth: supporting the knowledge transfer between research organisations and SMEs in those shared priorities of the Irish and Welsh smart specialisation strategies; increasing the capacity and knowledge of Climate Change adaptation for the Irish sea and coastal communities; and increasing the number of visitors to coastal communities in the programme area by sustainably utilising their natural and cultural assets as drivers to economic growth.
The programme will focus on the following three priorities:
- Cross-Border Innovation
- Adaptation of the Irish Sea and Coastal Communities to Climate Change
- Cultural and Natural Resources and Heritage
Some of the expected results
- 1.200 enterprises will receive support leading to the creation of 35 new jobs.
- 24 organisations and 10 research institutions will contribute to increasing the capacity and knowledge of Climate Change adaptation for the Irish sea and coastal communities
- 2% increase in the total number of overseas visitors to the coastal communities of the Programme area.
- SOUTHERN AND EASTERN
- West Wales & The Valleys
- East Wales
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 79,198,450.00 €
Total OP budget: 98,998,059.00 €
Total EU contribution: 79,198,450.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB048
Chief Executive of the Welsh European Funding Office
Welsh European Funding Office - Merthyr Tydfil Office - Rhydycar Business Park
Rhydycar - Merthyr Tydfil - CF48 1UZ
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - United Kingdom-Ireland (Ireland-Wales)