Interreg V-A - Greece-Italy
The overall objective of the programme is to support strategic cross-border co-operation between Greece and Italy for a more prosperous and sustainable region across the Ionian Sea. Emphasis is placed upon the foundations of a dynamic economy that fosters smart, sustainable and inclusive growth with the goal of improving the quality of life of those living in the cross-border area.
Strategically, the programme will enhance innovation in a number of fields such as blue growth, tourism and culture, agro food and cultural and creative industries. The programme will achieve this by providing support to clusters, networks and incubators. The programme will ultimately provide a safer environment through the promotion of natural and cultural resources as well as land and sea safety measures. Complementary to this, the programme will also address issues related to climate change, sustainable mobility, employment and education in the cross-border area.
The programme will focus on the following three priorities:
- Innovation and competitiveness
This priority aims at linking investments in Research and Innovation (R&I) and SMEs in order to build a strong export-based economy. A way to achieve this is to stimulate engagement in innovation among SMEs as these form the business base in the area covered with the programme. The programme specifically focuses on growth sectors with the highest potential for job creation such as agribusiness, blue growth, tourism, cultural heritage and cultural and creative industries.
2. Integrated environmental management
This priority aims at facilitating the development and implementation of common approaches to the management of the environment, supporting the promotion of cultural and natural heritage and fostering shared potentials and responsibilities in the field of environmental protection and risk prevention.
- 3. Multimodal sustainable transport system
This priority aims at promoting investments in response to the needs for better regional and cross-border connectivity in the area covered with the programme, accessibility to transport infrastructures, coordination of cross-border transport systems and procedures, the integration of regional, national and cross-border transportation planning, and the promotion of an efficient and environment-friendly mobility and transport system.
Some of the expected results
- Support of 20 structures and networks that innovate;
- Support of 15 knowledge-transfer structures and networks for SMEs;
- Launch of several projects that focus on preservation and promotion of the area through the sustainable use of existing natural and cultural heritage;
- Establishment of 12 cross-border structures and networks in the field of environmental technologies;
- Support of 10 cross-border structures and networks in sustainable maritime cross-border mobility and transport
- Support of 5 structures and networks in the field of eco-friendly mobility and transport
- Kentriki Makedonia
- KENTRIKI ELLADA
- Ionia Nisia
- Dytiki Ellada
- Sterea Ellada
- NISIA AIGAIOU, KRITI
- Voreio Aigaio
- Notio Aigaio
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 104,700,362.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO1 - Research and innovation
- TO3 - SMEs competitiveness
- TO6 - Environment and resource efficiency
- TO7 - Transport and energy networks
Total OP budget: 123,176,901.00 €
Total EU contribution: 104,700,362.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB020
Greek Ministry of Economy, Infrastructure, Shipping and Tourism
65 Georgikis Scholis Ave
GR-57001 Pylaia, Thessaloniki
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Greece-Italy