Interreg V-A - Greece-Bulgaria
The programme Interreg V-A Greece-Bulgaria aims to increase entrepreneurial activity in the eligible area and to improve SME capacity to expand beyond local markets. Furthermore, the programme will improve cross-border cooperation in flood risk management and will develop and promote the border area's cultural and natural heritage for tourist purposes. Additionally, the foreseen actions will lead to better joint surface and groundwater management systems and will improve cross-border accessibility leading to reduced travel times for people and goods as well as improved traffic safety. Finally, the programme aims to expand social entrepreneurship in the border area leading to increased employment in social enterprises and increased delivery of social services to communities with poor socio-economic indicators.
The programme's priorities are:
- Priority axis 1: A Competitive and Innovative Cross-Border Area
- Priority axis 2: A Sustainable and Climate adaptable Cross-Border area
- Priority axis 3: A Better interconnected Cross-Border Area
- Priority axis 4: A Socially Inclusive Cross-Border Area
- Priority axis 5: Technical assistance
Some expected results:
- Improved entrepreneurial climate.
- Better access to key markets and a wider customer base for SMEs.
- Increased resilience to cross border natural disasters (floods).
- Increased tourist traffic in the border area.
- Increased incidence of common approaches in biodiversity protection on both sides of the border.
- Reduced travel times for people and goods and improved traffic safety.
- YUGOZAPADNA I YUZHNA TSENTRALNA BULGARIA
- Yuzhen Tsentralen
- Anatoliki Makedonia, Thraki
- Kentriki Makedonia
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 110,723,408.00 €
Total OP budget: 130,262,836.00 €
Total EU contribution: 110,723,408.00 €View the data
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB022
Ministry for Development and Comptiteveness
65 Georgikis Sxolis,
Pilaia, 57001, Thessaloniki
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Greece-Bulgaria