Interreg V-A - Czech Republic-Poland
The cooperation programme Interreg V-A in the Czech Republic and Poland addresses the most important cross-border challenges and taps into the potential of eight Czech-Polish border regions.
As the regions involved in the programme have high unemployment rates especially those in the immediate vicinity of the border, the programme focuses on indirect support for employment by tapping into the unexploited potential of the tourism sector.
The programme will also finance measures aimed at improving the skills of young people living in those regions and eliminating administrative barriers which impede their entry into the labour market.
Furthermore, the programme will address the issue of risks prevention, which do not stop at the border. An integrated risk management system is envisaged covering legal, technical and procedural aspects.
One of the objectives of the programme is also to remove the persistent intangible barriers hampering cooperation. Furthermore the programme will promote a mutual understanding and positive perception of communities from both sides of the border.
The programme will focus on the following four priorities:
- Joint risk management;
- Developing the natural and cultural resources potential to support employment;
- Education and qualification;
- Cooperation between institutions and communities.
Some of the expected results
- 101 km of reconstructed or upgraded roads
- 24 supported rescue and security teams and crisis management teams
- 4,000 young people participating in joint educational and training schemes focusing on cross-border employment and educational opportunities, higher education and training
- Střední Morava
- Regional Development Fund (ERDF): 226,221,710.00 €
- TA - Technical Assistance
- TO10 - Education and training
- TO11 - Better public administration
- TO5 - Climate change and risk prevention
- TO8 - Employment and labour market
Total OP budget: 266,143,190.00 €
Total EU contribution: 226,221,710.00 €
CCI number: 2014TC16RFCB025
Ministry of Regional Development of the Czech Republic - European Territorial Cooperation Department
Staroměstské náměstí 6
110 15 Prague 1
+420 224 861 791
ESI Funds OPEN DATA
Achievements and FinancesInterreg V-A - Czech Republic-Poland