Programme Guide Online
What happens once the application is submitted?
All applications received by the National Agencies or by the Executive Agency undergo an evaluation procedure.
The evaluation procedure
Project proposals are assessed by the National or Executive Agency receiving the application, exclusively on the basis of the criteria described in this Guide. The assessment implies:
- a formal check to verify that the eligibility and exclusion criteria are respected;
- a quality assessment to evaluate the extent to which the participating organisations meet the selection criteria (i.e. operational and financial capacity) and the project meets the award criteria. Such quality assessment is in most cases carried out with the support of independent experts. In their assessment, experts will be supported by guidelines developed by the European Commission; these guidelines will be made available on the websites of the European Commission and of the Agencies responsible for the management of Erasmus+ projects;
- a verification, that the proposal does not present risks of double funding. If necessary, such verification is carried out in cooperation with other Agencies or other stakeholders.
The National or Executive Agency will appoint an evaluation committee to oversee the management of the whole selection process. On the basis of the assessment carried out by experts, the evaluation committee will establish a list of projects proposed for selection.
In the cases of Capacity Building in the field of higher education and considering the development objectives of the action in favour of eligible Partner Countries of the world (see section "Eligible countries" in Part A of this Guide), the Evaluation Committee establishes a ranking of eligible proposals per region and submits the proposals ranked with the highest scores to the EU Delegations who are consulted on the relevance and feasibility of the project in the local context, namely:
- relevance of the project objectives to the reform and modernisation of higher education systems in the partner country;
- relevance of the project proposal to the particular needs and feasibility constraints of the partner country/countries or region(s) (including synergy with any other initiatives and avoidance of duplication);
- the extent to which the project addresses the beneficiary's particular needs for capacity building.
For all actions covered by this Guide, during the evaluation process, applicants may be asked to provide additional information or to clarify the supporting documents submitted in connection with the application, provided that such information or clarification does not substantially change the proposal. Additional information and clarifications are particularly justified in case of obvious clerical errors made by the applicant, or in those cases where –for projects funded through multi-beneficiary agreements – one or more mandates of the partners are missing (for multi-beneficiary agreements, see section “grant agreement/decision below”) .
At the end of the evaluation procedure, the National or Executive Agency decides on the projects to be granted on the basis of:
- the ranking list proposed by the evaluation committee;
- the budget available for any given Action (or any given activity within an Action)
and in addition, for Capacity Building in higher education the decision is also made on the basis of:
- the results from the consultation process (see above);
- the budget available for any given region of the world, as defined in the financial instruments of the EU external action;
- the need to achieve a sufficient geographical representation within a region in terms of number of projects per country, within the limits of the available budget and provided that sufficient quality is guaranteed;
- the need to ensure that the overall results of the selection guarantees a sufficient coverage of the priorities of the Action.
After the completion of the selection procedure, the application files and accompanying material are not sent back to the applicant, irrespective of the outcome of the procedure.
Notification of grant award decisions
The indicative calendar for the notification of selection results under each Action is indicated in the section "Project life-cycle deadlines and payment modalities".