Key action 3: Support to policy development and cooperation
Key Action 3 provides support to policy cooperation at European Union level, thereby contributing to the development of new policies, which can trigger modernisation and reforms, at European Union, and systems' level, in the fields of education, training youth and sport.
The Actions implemented through this Key Action are aimed to:
- prepare and support the implementation of the EU policy agenda on education, training, youth and sport by facilitating the governance and functioning of the Open Methods of Coordination;
- carry out European policy experimentations, led by high-level public authorities and involving field trials on policy measures in several countries, based on sound evaluation methods;
- gather evidence and knowledge about education, training, youth and sport systems and policies at national and European level, with a view to facilitate reasoned policy-making;
- facilitate transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications, as well as the transfer of credits, to foster quality assurance, support validation of non-formal and informal learning, skills management and guidance;
- foster policy dialogue with stakeholders within and outside the European Union, through conferences, events and other activities involving policy makers, practitioners and other stakeholders in the fields of education, training, youth and sport, to raise awareness about the relevant European policy agendas and to promote Europe as an excellent study and research destination;
- improve the implementation of the programme in qualitative terms by facilitating knowledge and practice transfer among National Agencies, equipping National Agencies and Commission with "think-tank" resources that allow for elaboration of activities and strategies to implement the programme in stronger connection with policy developments, providing instruments for better exploiting the potential of synergies and complementarities;
- provide opportunities for people at any stage of their life with a learning experience abroad within their field of expertise, such as public governance, agriculture and rural development, new technologies, enterprise etc.;
- allow Erasmus+ implementing bodies to act as facilitators to the scaling-up of Erasmus+ projects to apply for grants or develop synergies through the support of the European Structural and Investment Funds managed at national and regional level, the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, and the programmes relating to migration, security, justice and citizenship, health and culture;
- support events, campaigns and other activities which will inform citizens and organisations about the Erasmus+ programme and European Union policies in the fields of education, training, youth and sport;
- contribute to identifying and disseminating good practices as well as success stories from the supported projects in order to give them more visibility and scale them up at local, national and European levels.
Which Actions are supported?
The following Action is implemented through this Programme Guide:
- European Youth Together
This Action is managed by the Education Audio-visual and Culture Executive Agency
Key Action 3 covers many other Actions in support of policy reform in the education, training and youth fields that are implemented directly by the European Commission or through specific calls for proposals managed by the Education Audio-visual and Culture Executive Agency. These actions are grouped in the following sections:
- Support to European policy development;
- Support to union tools and measures that foster the quality, transparency and recognition of skills, competences and qualifications
- Policy dialogue and cooperation with key stakeholders and international organisations
- Measures that contribute to the qualitative and inclusive implementation of the programme
- Cooperation with other union instruments and support to other union policies
- Dissemination and awareness-raising activities
More information on the supported actions is available on the websites of the European Commission and the Executive Agency.