Teacher Academy: courses and materials to support teachers
The Teacher Academy should be the first destination for teachers looking for courses and materials to support them in the classroom.
- A new service of online courses unique to the School Education Gateway
- The hugely popular on-site courses for teachers to learn and train with colleagues from around Europe
- Versatile teaching materials produced by EU-funded projects for schools and EU institutions
The online courses are free of charge and available exclusively on the Teacher Academy.
Around 1700 people have already signed up for the first course on Introducing Project-Based Learning in your Classroom that starts on 6 June.
The course is in English and focuses on teaching initiative, entrepreneurship and creativity.
Courses scheduled for later this year include:
- Supporting Diversity in Classrooms, September
- Competences for 21st Century Schools, October
- Maths 2.0, October
- Integrating Newly Arrived Migrant Children in Schools, November
These online courses will engage participants through different types of materials and activities, such as videos (classroom observations, animations, interviews and screencasts), lesson plans, webinars, peer-review and sharing with peers, interacting with experts, quizzes, learning diaries and many more.