What is it?
The MEDIA sub-programme, which supports the audiovisual and multimedia sector, provides opportunities for:
- Initiatives that aim to promote the distribution of works and the access to markets;
- Initiatives for the development of projects or a set of projects (slate funding);
- Support for the production of television programmes or video games;
- Activities to increase interest in and improve access to audiovisual works;
- Activities that promote interests in films, such as cinema networks or film festivals;
- Measures that facilitate international co-production and strengthen the circulation and distribution of works;
- Activities to build the skills and capacities of audiovisual sector professionals.
Why is it needed?
This creates additional issues, such as the protection of intellectual property, securing access to financing in a relatively new and changing sector, and ensuring the proper distribution of works.
As such, Creative Europe aims to support initiatives that can generate a real impact for the sector across Europe, including supporting individual works, initiatives that promote new skills in the sector, and initiatives that promote international cooperation in the sector.
Where can I find out more?
More information on the opportunities available under the MEDIA sub-programme is available on the site of the Education, Audiovisual, and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
Individual calls for proposals can be found in the calls for proposals section.
How can I apply?
More information on the application process is available on the site of the EACEA.