Creative Europe films and European Film Forum at Venice International Film Festival
- Sunday, 3 September, 2017 to Monday, 4 September, 2017
- Venice, Italy
- programme films events
The 74th edition of the Venice International Film Festival will feature 11 films supported through Creative Europe and a two-day European Film Forum event.
Of the 11 films being shown in Venice, 5 of them are in the running for the Golden Lion, the main award of the festival:
- Custody (Jusqu’à la Garde) by Xavier Legrand (France), supported at the distribution stage
- Hannah by Andrea Pallaoro (Italy, Belgium, France), supported at the development stage
- The House by the Sea (La Villa) by Robert Guédiguian (France), supported at the distribution stage
- Lean On Pete by Andrew Haigh (UK), supported at the development and distribution stages
- The Leisure Seeker (Ella & John: The Leisure Seeker) by Paolo Virzì ( Italy) supported at the distribution stage
European Film Forum
The European Film Forum will tackle the implications of virtual reality for the audiovisual industry, and for society at large. Featuring the Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, Mariya Gabriel, the conference is a chance for the industry and policymakers to reflect on the future of audiovisual policy.