The European Festivals Association opens application for the EFFE Label 2017-2018 for festivals
- 2 years 5 months ago
- programme films
The call for applications for the EFFE Label 2017-2018 is open.
From 5 December 2016 until 17 February 2017, festivals can apply for the EFFE Label 2017-2018. Experts across Europe assess applications to determine if festivals meet the three criteria:
- artistic commitment and innovative approaches
- involvement in their local communities
- European and global outlook
In addition to the Label, an international jury will give EFFE Awards to the most trend-setting festivals. The International Festival Jury will be composed of high-level and diverse jurors representing key stakeholders in the festival sector.
The EFFE Label is a quality label for festivals offering international recognition for festivals’ excellence in their daily work all across Europe. EFA, in close partnership with 28 EFFE Hubs - the programme’s contact points all over Europe, aims with EFFE to connect festivals that are deeply committed to the arts and their communities in a globalising world and offer a one-stop-gate to Europe’s rich festival landscape for citizens worldwide. The first edition of the EFFE Label and Award 2015-2016 counted 761 festivals from 31 countries receiving the EFFE Label and 12 of the most trend-setting European festivals receiving an EFFE Award.
The EFFE Label and Award winners benefit from the recognition for their work and values, increased visibility (website and EFFE Guide), new networking opportunities both face-to-face and online and further involvement in the artistic community. On 6 May 2017 the EFFE Labels will be announced at the occasion of the EFFE Label Meet-up in Frankfurt.
EFA believes that it is an important advantage for Europe’s festivals to be recognised by their peers and the European Union for their outstanding artistic quality and community involvement. The initiative invites artists, directors, managers and audiences worldwide to discover Europe’s very best, most creative festivals in a festival journey through Europe’s diversity.
About the European Festivals Association (EFA) and EFFE – Europe for Festivals, Festivals for Europe
The European Festivals Association (EFA) is the umbrella organisation for festivals across Europe and beyond representing about 100 festivals, national festival associations and cultural networks from 40 countries. More information on EFA and how to join the network, can be found here.
EFFE, the most comprehensive guide to Europe’s festivals, was initiated by the European Festivals Association in 2014 to make sure everyone knows which festivals are doing the most exciting and innovative work and creating a coalition between festivals that share similar ambitions to get their audiences thinking about the world they live in. EFFE operates through funding of the European Union as a preparatory action.
EFFE 2015-2016 results
- 897 festivals applied for the label and 760 received the label
- 31 countries are represented, all 28 Member States and 3 non-member European countries
- 12 festivals received high-profile awards
- 8 high-profile personalities have joined our International Festival Jury
- 24 Festival Hubs, our national representatives, develop and promote the project at the national level
- Over 100 Festival Hub Experts, our festival insiders, have evaluated applications at the national level
- 1 inspirational EFFE Guide, a book that deepens the knowledge of the festival sector & present the Festivals receiving the EFFE Label and EFFE award
- 1 online platform including all of these festivals, increasing citizens’ access to Europe’s cultural diversity
- 1 award ceremony in Théâtre de la Ville in Paris celebrated all label and award recipients with over 300 guests