Young Talent Architecture Award 2020 launched in Barcelona
- 2 weeks 4 days ago
- any events prize award
Young Talent Architecture Award 2020 was launched on the occasion of the Young Architects’ Forum organised by the Architects' Council of Europe on 23 November in Barcelona.
As part of the EU Mies Award, the Young Talent Architecture Award (YTAA) aims to support the talent and entrance into the professional world of recently graduated Architects, Urban Planners and Landscape Architects, who will be responsible for transforming our built environment in the future.
YTAA 2020 is open for graduation projects presented between January 1st, 2018 and December 31st, 2019 by students from schools throughout Europe as well as in a number of guest countries to promote global exchange. Following the successful participation of China and South Korea in 2018, the YTAA 2020 edition includes Brazil, Chile and Mexico as guest countries.
To analyse and select the best projects, the following jury has been invited:
- Chairwoman: Martine de Maeseneer Vicedean International
- Affairs Faculty of Architecture, KU Leuven, Brussels;
- Oleg Drozdov drozdov&partners and co-founder of the Kharkiv School of Architecture, Ukraine;
- Juliet Leach Head of Marketing, RIBA Awards, London;
- Rosario Talevi Curator Making Futures Bauhaus+ and Associate Researcher Universität der Künste, Berlin;
- Bet Capdeferro bosch.capdeferro architecture, Girona (winner EU Mies Award for Emerging Architect 2011).
The winners will receive their awards at a ceremony to be held in September 2020 in the context of the Architecture Biennale in Venice. Their projects will be presented in an exhibition running throughout the Biennale and then travelling in Europe and beyond.
YTAA is organised by the Fundació Mies van der Rohe with the support of the Creative Europe Programme, in collaboration with the European Association for Architectural Education and the Architects' Council of Europe.