Music Moves Europe - Creative Europe at Midem 2016
- Friday, 3 June, 2016 to Monday, 6 June, 2016
- Cannes, France
- programme events policy
Creative Europe is organising a conference, 'Music Moves Europe' dedicated to EU support to the music sector and developing a fresh strategy for the music sector.
The conference takes place at Midem 2016, the key international music industry fair, which runs from 3-6 June 2016 in Cannes, France.
MUSIC MOVES EUROPE
The main goal of the conference is to establish what the EU can do for the music sector through its policies and funding programmes.
The impact of fast-moving technological change, on a sector built on small and medium-sized businesses, demands that policies for the sector move with the times.
For the past few months, the European Commission has been running workshops with music sector representatives to get their views on what the challenges the industry is facing.
This conference will present the work undertaken so far in these meetings. It takes place at the Midem Agora at 10:30 – 13:00 on Saturday 4 June.
Key discussion points
- professional development of artists
- music entrepreneurship, innovation and start-ups
- music data and metadata in a global digital landscape
- circulation and distribution of the European repertoire
- Jerome Delhaye, Director of the Entertainment Division at Reed Midem
- Martine Reicherts, Director-General of DG Education and Culture, European Commission (Belgium)
- Karel Bartak, Head of Creative Europe coordination unit, European Commission (Belgium)
- Sophie Goossens, Senior Attorney-at-Law, August & Debouzy (France)
- Fabien Miclet, Coordinator, Liveurope (Belgium)
- Paul Pacifico, President/CEO, IAO/FAC (UK)
- Emmanuel Legrand, US Editor, Music Week (UK/France)
- Keith Harris, Founder, Keith Harris Music (UK)
- Helen Sildna, Founder, Tallinn Music Week (Estonia)
- Fruzsina Szép, Festival Director, Lollapalooza Berlin, Yourope board member(Germany)
- Ralph Simon, Chairman, Mobilium Global Limited, Founder, Mobile Ecosystem Forum – Americas (UK)
Creative Europe will be running several additional sessions at Midem (Pavillon Music Moves Europe Riviera 7).
European Repertoire: Distribution and Cultural Diversity
Friday 3 June - 16:30 – 17:30
- Meet and discuss with Creative Europe projects’ representatives and music experts on the challenges of cross-border exchanges and mobility within and beyond the EU, and the role of concert halls, festivals, export offices, labels, radio stations and platforms as key enablers.
Innovation and Creativity: Start-ups in the Field of Music
Saturday 4 June 16.30 – 17.30
Meet and discuss with Creative Europe projects’ representatives and music experts on how to best support music-related start-ups to boost cultural and creative diversity and competitiveness.
EU FUNDING: CREATIVE EUROPE LOAN GUARANTEE FACILITY, CREATIVE EUROPE PROGRAMME AND OTHER EU FUNDING TOOLS
Sunday 5 June 10:30 – 11:30
- Everything you always wanted to know about European loans, grants and financial instruments but were afraid to ask
PROFESSIONALIsATION: EMPOWERING THE ARTISTS AND MUSIC PROFESSIONALS
Sunday 5 June 16:30 – 17:30
- Come and meet the Music Moves Europe working group participants for a discussion on education and training, access to funding and the artist as entrepreneur
Midem, the international business-to-business music event, is the key annual trade fair for the music industry in Europe.
It is held every year in Cannes and is attended by music sector professionals of all kinds - from the musicians and managers to agents and journalists - from Europe and all over the world.