The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of a Vocational Upper Secondary School degree of this specialty:
1. Describes the appropriate processing and preservation practices of the main agricultural products of plant-animal origin (pasteurization, sterilization, cooling, freezing, drying, dehydration, fermentation, canning, irradiation, adding sugar-salt-add-ons) and catches (salting, smoking, canning, drying).
2. Participates in quality control of raw materials and auxiliary materials, intermediate and finished products.
3. Describes the method of production, the stages, the materials used and the equipment in plant food, meat preparations, milk and its products, fish.
4. States the categories and qualities of olive oil.
5. Describes how sampling is performed in a vineyard and the vintage year.
6. Describes and explains the changes in meat after the slaughter of the animal and the rate of maturation and recognizes the different tissues of the meat and justifies the changes in color.
7. Describes the properties of milk
8. States the basic hygiene rules for food and beverages applied in processing areas, for maintenance, standardization and storage thereof, and evaluates the hygiene of plant and equipment in a food industry.
9. Understands the action of detergents and disinfectants and proposes their correct application in food processing areas.
10. Describes the specifications, materials and types of packing of food for consumption and proposes measures to prevent the physical and chemical food hazards.
1. Applies the appropriate processing and preservation practices of the main agricultural products of plant-animal origin (pasteurization, sterilization, cooling, freezing, drying, dehydration, fermentation, canning, irradiation, adding sugar-salt-add-ons) and catches (salting, smoking, canning, drying).
2. Participates in quality control of raw and auxiliary materials, of intermediate and finished products of processing and in the implementation / compliance with quality management and food safety systems.
3. Participates in the method of production, the stages, the materials used and the equipment in plant food, meat preparations, milk and its products, fish.
4. Checks macroscopically the degree of maturation of meat.
5. Explains the natural culmination of milk.
6. Identifies the presence of antibiotics in milk.
7. Participates in the wine making process from grapes and determines the alcohol in wine.
8. Applies basic rules of hygiene for food and beverages in processing, maintenance and storage areas and distinguishes macroscopically any altered or unsuitable for consumption food packaging.
9. Determines the characteristics of the packaging serving the consumer and checks compliance with the specifications thereof.
10. Determines the relative strength of glass containers to thermal shock.
1. Applies prior knowledge and skills in different environments and working conditions, and completes the tasks undertaken.
2. Works independently by taking responsibility for completing his work.
3. Is able to obtain new information about his profession timely.
4. Resolves problems presented either alone or with the help of specialists, asking appropriate advice.
5. Develops basic communication skills.
6. Applies the basic rules of health and safety.
VOCATIONAL UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOL “DEGREE” (PTYCHIO EPAGGELMATIKIS EIDIKOTITAS – EPA.L.)
Secondary Vocational Education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Holders of qualifications of this Type are entitled to obtain a professional license, along with the relevant rights, as provided by the pertinent legislation on the specific specialty.
Access to programmes leading to such qualifications is available for graduates of compulsory education or graduates of the 1st class of General Upper Secondary School (they may enrol in the 2nd class of EPAL).
Holders of qualifications of this type are entitled to obtain, following examinations, an EPAL Certificate. With the acquisition of EPAL Certificate they also gain access to the Apprenticeship Class (Level 5).
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.