The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- Have very specialized knowledge on the following sectors: Teaching and learning mathematics, Using technology for teaching mathematics, Research Methodology in Mathematical Teaching, History and Epistemology of Mathematics and Mathematical Teaching of Mathematics.
- Are critically aware of the issues of knowledge for mathematics, of teaching and learning them, and of the interconnection between the teaching and learning of mathematics with the fields of Mathematics, Psychology, History, and Epistemology of Mathematics and Technology.
- Have heightened critical awareness of the evolutionary dynamics and of the latest issues of Teaching and Learning Mathematics.
- Hold specialized skills for resolving problems, which are required for the research and/or innovation of Mathematics Didactics, with the purpose of developing new knowledge and procedures, and integrating knowledge from different fields of Mathematics, Psychology, History, Epistemology, and Technology.
- Apply with originality the acquired knowledge in the research of Mathematics Didactics, the analysis and development of innovative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary and innovative issues regarding the teaching and learning of Mathematics.
- Are capable of evaluating, interpreting, and advancing modern scientific research and studies in the field of Mathematics Didactics.
- Articulate inductively in a scientifically documented way, solutions to complex and new issues and make valid judgements taking into account the social, economic, cultural and ethical dimensions.
- Substantiate their positions using specialized information and arguments before a specialized or general audience with clarity, adequacy and accuracy. This audience could be other educators, members of the education community, and parents/guardians.
- Continue developing with autonomy their knowledge and competences in the field of research and practical application of the Didactics of Mathematics.
- Apply with professionalism the specialized knowledge and competences acquired in the Didactics of Mathematics and effectively deal with new, interdisciplinary or unforeseen issues in the classroom, at school, or in the out-of-school environment.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge and practices at school, in the classroom and in the family, while having operational capability in crisis management.
- Are able to take autonomous responsibility for educating/training and managing a group of students or educators and they assess its performance.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
Department of Primary Education, Faculty of Education of the University of West Macedonia, Department of Educational and Social Policy of the School of Social, Humanitarian Sciences and Arts of the University of Macedonia, Department of Sciences of Early Childhood Education and Education of the School of Pedagogy of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and Department of Early Childhood Education of the School of Education Sciences of Democritus University of Thrace. This is a single title, granted in common by the departments.The main objectives of the Programme are the following:
The promotion of research in the field of mathematics education.
The preparation of executives for the training of the educators in primary and secondary education on the modern theories and teaching and learning methods of mathematics, on the needs of special groups facing difficulties in mathematics, of adults, and on lifelong learning.
The preparation of scientists with specialised knowledge in the field of Mathematics education, using ICTs for the needs of the public sector and of the private market.
The advancement of the history of mathematics through teaching them, as well as the connection of the culture and of the everyday life with Mathematics.
University of Western Macedonia
The title of this postgraduate studies programme is useful for the professional advancement of educational executives, such as: School Directors, School Consultants, etc.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.