Latvian qualifications database (...more
- to master the fundamental knowledge of physics, chemistry, geography and environment science underlying understanding of geology;
- to acquire theoretical courses of geology in all the basic sub-branches of geology;
- mineralogy, petrography, sedimentology, quaternary geology and geomorphology, hydrogeology, engineering geology, geology of minerals, palaeontology, stratigraphy, structural geology, tectonics;
- to acquire field and laboratory research methods in main sub-branches of geology;
- to master practical skills of geological research in the field;
- to carry out independent research (not less than 10 full time weeks or 10 credit points) in the selected sub-branch of geology and present the result in the Bachelor's thesis.
The main aim of the programme is;
- to offer opportunities to gain a systemic knowledge in basics of Geology and related Natural Sciences,
- provide initial specialisation in the fields of the Bedrock geology, Applied geology, Quaternary geology and geomorphology,
- develop expertise and practical skills relevant to the labour market needs and continuation for studies in master’s level.
The main tasks of the programme are as follows:
- to provide knowledge of theoretical concepts of Geology and related Natural and Earth sciences, and develop skills to use it working in Geology;
- to acquire research and practical work skills gaining competitiveness in the labour market;
- to develop critical thinking abilities;
- to acquire skills to formulate and solve problems typical for geology.
- University of Latvia
RAIŅA BULVĀRIS 19, RĪGA, LV-1586
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)