Certificate-holders will be able to:
• prepare customers, the work area, cosmetic apparatus and products for facial and body care, manicure, pedicure, make-up and classic hand massage, and provide these services in a professional manner,
• provide advice in addressing aesthetic and cosmetic problems and in the selection, correct use and storage of cosmetic products,
• identify the stability of cosmetic products and demonstrate familiarity with basic procedures for the control of cosmetic products, legislation covering the field of cosmetic products, health and safety regulations and environmental protection regulations,
• manufacture basic technological forms of cosmetic products for care of the face and body, manicure, pedicure, make-up and massage, and demonstrate familiarity with more complex modern forms,
• select appropriate apparatus for cosmetic care and use and maintain them correctly,
• implement protective measures for safe work in the cosmetic profession,
• actively care for their own health and the health of customers and carry out activities to promote a healthy lifestyle at all stages of life,
• show a positive attitude towards measures to reduce pollution and protect the environment, and towards the rational use of energy and materials,
• cooperate in a group and communicate in writing and orally with co-workers, experts and customers using basic professional terminology;
• use modern IT, work with resources, data and materials,
• demonstrate understanding of the role of entrepreneurship and familiarity with the enterprise process, financial operations and business plans.
• advise customers in the selection and use of make-up products and accessories, apply individual, purpose-specific and special make-up and paint the face and body,
• advise customers in the selection and use of manicure products and accessories, carry out basic and special cosmetic care of hands and nails, nail polishing, painting and modelling, and protection of skin and nails following cosmetic care,
• advise customers on foot care and the use of pedicure products and accessories and carry out pedicures with regard to the needs of the customer, while observing hygiene standards,
• advise customers in the selection of massage techniques, massage accessories and products and perform a massage using various classic body massage techniques.
The programme is adapted for provision in Slovene as the language of instruction in the ethnically mixed area of Slovenian Istria and also has the following special objectives:
• to develop communication skills in Italian and Slovene,
• to develop knowledge of the natural, cultural and historical heritage of the Italian national community and its mother nation,
• to teach respect for and understanding of ethnic and cultural diversity and promote cooperation between members of the Slovene nation and Italian national community. Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.