Latvian qualifications database (...more
Adequate knowledge of the drugs and substances used in the pharmacy;
- adequate knowledge about pharmaceutical technology and drug quality control;
- adequate knowledge about drug action and metabolism, pharmacotherapy;
- ability to carry out research projects, and to defend master thesis;
- adequate practical and theoretical knowledge obtained by passing 6 month practice at pharmaceutical enterprises, and knowledge about pharmacy legislation, regulatory documents;
- adequate specialization compiled from the obligatory elective courses in the Master degree program, research done during working out master thesis and practice.
The programme aims are to provide theoretical knowledge and application of a set of basic and pharmaceutical science techniques appropriate at the level of master degree and to equip the students with the necessary skills to continue their pharmacy education for the doctoral degree programme or to work in pharmaceutical businesses and continue life-long education.
The tasks of the programme are the following: to train students for work in international and interprofessional teams; to encourage students to participate in exchange programmes, e.g. ERASMUS and NordPlus;
- to develop creative and independent working skills in students, with the emphasis on a scientific approach to the provision of health care and pharmaceutical care;
- to provide in-depth knowledge of medicines and medicinal substances used in pharmaceutical technology, drug quality control methods, and pharmacoeconomics;
- to emphasize advanced achievements in pharmacy and to focus on good pharmacy practice, its regulations, and social pharmacy;
- to acquaint students with the latest research methods, national priorities in pharmacy, and globally accepted pharmaceutical education guidelines, which the common pharmacists’ labour market of the EU countries is based on;
- to train students for independent scientific research activities and writing and defending of their master thesis, and to encourage them to continue their education in doctoral study programmes;
- to provide sufficient knowledge of laws and regulations on pharmacy practice and prepare students for pharmaceutical practice.
The graduates will have reached the levels of knowledge, skills, and competence defined in the EQF master descriptors that include pharmacy bachelor competencies improved and augmented during master studies.
- University of Latvia
RAIŅA BULVĀRIS 19, RĪGA, LV-1586
Higher education qualification of LQF level 6 (academic or professional bachelor) in the same or compatible branch of science or professional field laid down by higher education Institution
Formal (through education programmes)