De Vlaamse kwalificatiedatabank bevat alle beroepskwalificaties en onderwijskwalificaties erkend door de Vlaamse Regering
In de set van acht kernleerresultaten wordt een gezamenlijk leerresultatenkader geschetst voor de drie masters. De gezamenlijke set wordt aangevuld door leerresultaten die specifiek van toepassing zijn op de afzonderlijke masters.
1. The graduate can explain the evolution over time of development concepts and theories in social sciences.
2. The graduate can use these theories to analyse and explain divergences in development outcomes between countries and regions from a multidisciplinary perspective.
3. The graduate is able to critically reflect upon tools and methods to analyse and conduct research, having achieved a basis in both qualitative and quantitative research whilst specializing in one of both.
4. The graduate is able to process social science literature in development studies , i.e. critical reading, reporting, presenting and discussing in relevant fora.
5. The graduate - both in personal and in group - is able to timely produce scientifically founded (policy) documents, literature reviews, papers and dissertations.
6. The graduate is able to present and to debate scientifically founded (policy) documents, literature reviews, papers and dissertations in relevant fora.
7. The graduate is able to explore divergent policy alternatives and to discuss these with the aim of reaching workable outcomes.
8. The graduate is able to work and discuss constructively within a multicultural environment composed of people with different affective, cognitive and behavioural orientations.
Specific learning outcomes for Master of Science in Governance and Development:
9. The graduate can explain the processes of state formation, state failure and state reconstruction and the role of governance structures in development.
10. The graduate can identify, critically discuss and negotiate possible approaches and strategies to governance and development.
11.Depending on the chosen track the graduate is able to analyse key elements of conflict, peace and state reconstruction OR is able to analyse the interactions of local actor strategies and institutional structures and their influence on inequality, poverty and well- being.
Specific learning outcomes for Master of Science in Globalisation and Development:
9. The graduate is able to analyse, explain and interpret the effects of globalisation on development, trade, labour, and poverty reduction.
10. The graduate can identify and critically discuss possible approaches, research methods and strategies to development in their relationship with globalisation.
11. The graduate can analyse how inequality, poverty, and well-being is generated by interactions of local actor strategies and institutional structures, and is able to apply these insights to specific thematic issues in the field of globalization.
Specific learning outcomes for Master of Science in Development Evaluation and Management:
9. The graduate is able to explain and understand the behaviour of donors and recipients in development processes.
10. The graduate can explain the importance of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), is able to understand the importance of the organizational and political dimensions of M&E and is familiar with different M&E methodologies.
11. Depending on the chosen track the graduate is able to assess the effect of national and international actors and social, political and economic factors on aid processes and outcomes OR is able to assess the effect of local and national actors and factors on inequality, poverty and well-being.