The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The graduates of the department acquire specialized knowledge in order to be capable of understanding, analysing, and critically dealing with the methods by which humans organise their daily lives and the meaning allocated to their actions, the ways by which cultural semblance and difference are perceived, as well as the perceptions, stereotypes, and attitudes developed in relation to the above, the historical developments in the fields of politics, society, economics, and ideas from the ancient times until now, the cultural developments and intellectual changes that contributed to the formulation of the modern world, the uses of the past by the present, specifically in modern societies, and Greek history within a wider European and regional context.
In addition, training in research methods within the context of special practical exercises / seminars allows graduates becoming familiar with:
- the method for conducting a small-scale research (onsite observation, literature search or search for historical sources, depending on the practical exercises / seminars attended);
- the use of new technologies for the recording, processing, and presentation of research material and conclusions.
BACHELOR DEGREE (PTYCHIO/DIPLOMA ANOTATIS EKPAIDEFSIS)
The Department of Social Anthropology and History is focused on the study and teaching of all forms of human activities. Teaching is focused on the provision of comprehensive studies over the fields of Social Anthropology and History.
Specifically, the objectives of the Department could be summarised as follows:
- development of skills for the spherical understanding of modern cultural and social issues;
- development of skills for historic understanding and thinking;
- more specialised study of various fields, such as: immigration, family, affinity, religion, the relation between the past and the present, the urban area, the gender, and gender relations, music and dancing, memory an material civilization, work and welfare, which establish the research and teaching work of the Department on an anthropological and historical direction.
University of the Aegean
Λόφος Πανεπιστημίου 81100 Μυτιλήνη, Τηλ:2251036000 Φαξ:2251036009 Email: email@example.com
The graduates of the Department can be appointed as Educators for Secondary Education, in the Sociologist class, University Education 10.
Access to this type of qualification have those who have completed at least the secondary education (level 4).
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 7 or 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.