Latvian qualifications database (...more
The goals of the programme are focused on training specialists in the fields of media analysis, journalism, public relations and advertising who;
- (1) have knowledge, skills and competence in these areas;
- (2) have general theoretical and practical knowledge about the communications sphere in contemporary society;
- (3) are able to research and analyse communications phenomena and
- (4) have capability to perform in different fields of communication industries.
In pursuit of these goals, the missions of the programme are as follows:
- to ensure knowledge about communications theory, communications history, communications sociology, communications psychology, communications ethics, social science research methods, communications in contemporary processes and, in line with the study modules that are available, in-depth knowledge about media studies, public relations, advertising and journalism;
- to provide skills in the fields of journalism, PR, advertising and media analysis;
- to ensure knowledge about communications research methods and ways of putting them to use;
- to develop creative thinking capacity and competencies for different communication industries and professions;
- to develop academic knowledge and research competency to continue studies on postgraduate level.
- to analyze, critically assess and forecast communication phenomena, situations and processes within the context of the development of society;
- to carry out research of communications phenomena, situations and processes by working out their methodology;
- in journalism – to collect and process information, to prepare materials adequate for a media channel, audience, formats and for other specific purposes complying to the principles of good practice journalism;
- in public relations – ensure implementation of various public relations methods and means adequate to the communication goals and purposes, abiding by principles of public relations of good practice;
- in advertising – to be able to use adequate persuasive methods in advertisement correspondent to the communicative goals and situations, complying to the principles of good practice journalism.
- University of Latvia
RAIŅA BULVĀRIS 19, RĪGA, LV-1586
Certificate of general secondary education or Diploma of vocational secondary education
Formal (through education programmes)