The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
• Acquisition of comprehensive and specialised legal, economic, and financial knowledge for a successful career in corporations and businesses, law firms, legal practices, and public agencies and organisations dealing with issues of international, commercial - financial, and energy law, as well as with methods for the alternative resolution of differences.
• Understanding and approach of the legal issues arising in the modern, globalised environment of the companies' operation, of the cross-border transactions, of financial institutions, of energy, and of the fast and affective resolution of any differences appearing.
• Thorough examination of the issues related to the legal context of corporate operation, of international transactions and of financial organisations, along with the general economics and financial operation of a corporation.
• Understanding of the abilities of companies for restructuring and reformulating, and for acquisitions and mergers, in terms of the law.
• Connection of the law with entrepreneurship and the opportunity for examining business issues from the legal perspective.
• Acquisition of specialised knowledge and qualifications with regard to the competence of dealing with issues related to the selection and use of alternative methods for resolving differences (mediation - arbitration), as required by modern financial and commercial conditions.
• Thorough examination of the translational, European and comparative views of the law, related to issues of commerce, corporations, international transactions, energy, the economics, finance, an alternative methods for resolving differences.
• Use of logical thinking and critical competence.
• Search for, analyse, and synthesise bibliographical, legislative, and jurisprudential data and information, using the necessary technologies.
• Generate new research ideas.
• Promote free, creative, and conductive thought.
• Practical application of the knowledge.
• Adjustment to new situations.
• Autonomous work.
• Group work.
• Work within an international environment.
• Respect to diversity and multiculturalism.
• Opportunity to criticise and self-criticise.
• Written and oral communication in English.
MASTER’S DEGREE (METAPTYCHIAKO DIPLOMA EIDIKEFSIS)
The MSc of International and European Economic Law, Mediation, Arbitration and Law on Energy serves to provide postgraduate education, specialisation and experience on International and European Economic Law, the Law on Energy and the Alternative Ways for Resolving Differences (Mediation - Arbitration).
The purpose of the Postgraduate Programme is to allow its students to obtain knowledge, a practical approach and understanding of the issues related to the field of International and European Commercial Law, of the Law on Energy, as well as to the field of Alternative Methods for Resolving Differences, with focus on Mediation and Arbitration. Special attention is paid to the legal and financial issues developed and on the solutions provided by legislation and jurisprudence in the wider European and International field, with regard to international transactions, commercial, energy, the economy, and financial legal issues, the alternative resolution of differences, and the legal context of activities for commercial partners.
International Hellenic University
14ο χλμ Θεσσαλονίκης-Μουδανίων, 57001 Θέρμη Τηλ: 2310-807552 Φαξ: 2310-
Holders of qualifications that belong to this type may work either as self-employed or in positions of responsibility in companies and organizations in the private or in the public sector.
Access to this type of qualification have those who hold a Bachelor Degree (level 6). The selection of graduate students is mainly based on the following criteria: the overall grade of the Bachelor Degree, the grades in undergraduate courses that are relevant with the subjects of the Master’s program, the performance in thesis, where is foreseen at the undergraduate level and any research activity of the candidate. The detailed application of the above mentioned criteria, the definition of additional criteria or the conducting of examinations and interviews, the results of which are taken into account in the selection, are determined by decision of the relevant Department.
Holders of such qualifications gain access to study programmes at the same level or at level 8.
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.