Goal(-s) of the study program: The principal goal of the program is to provide with specialised engineering knowledge and form specialised engineering capabilities, necessary to perform BIM production functions of the building integrated project, developing the latest engineering information modelling knowledge and technologies of the design and construction process in practical activities, integrating professional experience from various fields.
– Knowledge in the building life-cycle information modelling (BIM) methodology, regulations and standards, BIM building design implementation means, technologies and processes; knowledge in the integrated building design production principles and practical implementation methods; quality management and oversight; knowledge in the integrated building and structures production BIM design planning and implementation, quality management and oversight; management of solutions risks and values; knowledge in planning and implementation of the building and its infrastructure sustainable use and maintenance by BIM means.
– Capability to analyse, systematise and assess critically information necessary for scientific, vocational activity and implementation of innovations, apply modern scientific research methods in the building information design; capability to conceive separate design parts via the building information model and integrate their set; capability to integrate knowledge, take decisions and control situations, assess alternative solution variants, produce new practical concepts by applying multi-criterion cogitation.
– Capability to choose information technologies employed in design, construction and operation of buildings, apply know-how received during studies and capabilities for modelling and implementation of solutions; capability to produce and coordinate parts of the building integrated project, perform execution and oversight of the building design construction and production of structures by means of information modelling; capability to produce and execute integrated use and maintenance of the sustainable building by means of information modelling.
– Capability to produce and execute integrated use and maintenance of the sustainable building by means of information modelling; ability to take responsibility for the quality of the personal activity and that of the specialists engaged in the building design, construction, production, maintenance and its assessment.
– Capability to find and apply properly actual material and information; to employ research experience and skills of systematic and strategic thinking for individual vocational activity, study individually; capability to take innovative decisions assessing possible public and ethical consequences of the activity.
Teaching and learning activities:
Endeavouring to achieve goals and objectives of the program, theoretical and practical training will be performed. The trained specialists are incited to study and complete tasks individually. The tasks are controlled individually and then assessed. Study results are assessed not only at the end of the training course, but also in the process of the subject study. Consultations are scheduled for each subject, aiming to better adapt to the individual needs of the student. The amount of consultations for the students is offered taking the scope of the subject into consideration. Proficiency will be consolidated by course papers, 1, 2 and final works for the subject diploma paper.
Assessment methods for the study results: Such assessment methods for the study results as interviewing methods (individual survey), assessment in writing methods (quiz, test, control works, etc.), practical assessment methods (examinations, reports, etc.) will be adopted seeking to check whether target results are achieved by the students. To assess the solutions of the problems, different assessment methods will be employed, such as observation of group and individual presentations, analysis of study records, interview, report analysis.
Subjects of the study, practice: scope of the subjects in the study field – 55 credits, optional subjects of the study – 5 credits, Diploma paper – 30 credits.
Principal subjects of the study field: Research works and innovations, Engineering information modelling of the building life-cycle, development of building integrated project, regulation of the digital construction process, decision-making, management of the project risks and value, information modelling of assessment, planning and performance for the construction and structures production designs, building design quality management and oversight, Modelling of the building and its infrastructure.
Optional subjects: Integrated design and analysis systems, Integrated building engineering systems.
Student’s options: -
Distinctive features of the study program: the study program will be conducted in Lithuanian.