• EQF Home Page Icon



Search results

Search found 23 items
  1. Access to guidance services

    Guidance in schools (including adult education)The services of information and guidance are usually provided within the schools or other educational institutions, but there are also examples of municipalities that offer guidance through a central guidance centre. Counselling is given to both prospective and enrolled pupils and adult students, individually and in group sessions. This most often occurs with different choices and transitions. For instance, most pupils in the ninth grade have personal interviews with their counsellor about their future plans and the choice of programme in upper secondary school. Many pupils also meet their counsellor before they have their week of working life experience in the eighth and ninth grade. There is ongoing work to integrate career guidance in teaching and handle it as a responsibility of the entire school.Guidance at UniversitiesGuidance services at universities are organised centrally (for first contacts and general guidance), at departments and/or faculty level (study counselling in relation to subject areas) and at career centres (career choices, summer jobs, trainee vacancies etc). At the central guidance center prospective students can get access to guidance services.Guidance within the Public Employment ServiceGuidance for employment is provided through the PES Internet, Customer Service (skype and telephone) and face-to-face at the local PES-offices around the country. There are approx. 320 employment offices located throughout Sweden.  ...

    Category: Contacts Location: Sweden
  2. Sweden

      Higher education in Sweden is financed largely by tax revenue. Earlier, this applied to all students regardless of nationality. However, in the autumn of 2011 tuition fees were introduced for students from outside the EU/EEA area, with the exception of Switzerland. Students have to meet specific qualifications to gain admission to a Swedish university or university college. For general admission, Swedish students must have a school-leaving certificate from upper secondary school (high school) or a municipal adult education programme in Sweden. Credit increments can be earned through advanced courses in upper secondary school, such as in mathematics or foreign languages. Students from outside Sweden must have qualified for admission to university or college in their home countries, and demonstrate specific levels of understanding in Swedish, English and mathematics.   ...

    Category: Guidance Services Location: Sweden
  3. University Admissions- Fees

    Universityadmissions.se is the official website for applying to higher education in Sweden and is managed by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR). Information about fees can be found here and it is also possible to pay application fees through the website.  ...

    Category: Moving to a country Location: Sweden
  4. The Swedish National Agency for Education

    The National Agency for Edcuation (Skolverket) is the central administrative authority for the public school system, publicly organised preschooling, school-age childcare and for adult education.  ...

    Category: Moving to a country Location: Sweden
  5. Skolverket- The Swedish education system

    The Swedish National Agency of Education, the central administrative authority for the public school system, publicly organised preschooling, school-age childcare and for adult education, provides an overview of all parts of the Swedish education system.  ...

    Category: Moving to a country Location: Sweden
  6. Folk High School

    The Folk High School is a form of education that has existed in Sweden for over 100 years. There are 150 Folk High Schools in Sweden. The education at the Swedish Folk High School is free of charge. ...

    Category: Moving to a country Location: Sweden
  7. Euroguidance Sweden

    Euroguidance Sweden is hosted by The Swedish Council for Higher Education, a public authority under the Swedish Ministry for Education and Research. Euroguidance Sweden provides services to Swedish Guidance Professionals and to professionals abroad. It is an information and documentation centre for guidance counsellors who require information on the european dimension in guidance and learning mobility. ...

    Category: Contacts Location: Sweden
  8. ENIC NARIC Sweden

    The ENIC Network is made up of national information centres and cooperates closely with the NARIC Network of the European union. It can generally provide information about recognition of foreign diplomas, degrees and other qualifications and inform about education systems and opportunities for studying abroad. The Swedish Council for Higher Education is responsible in Sweden for ENIC NARIC.  ...

    Category: Recognition of diplomas & qualifications Location: Sweden
  9. Europass National Centre Sweden

    Europass is an initative which aims to help people make their skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe. The Europass documents have been designed in such a way as to help people chronicle their skills and competences in a coherent manner, whether they are planning to enroll in an education training programme, looking for a job, or getting experience abroad. The National Europass Centre in Sweden is hosted by the Swedish Council for Higher Education.   ...

    Category: Contacts Location: Sweden
  10. Eurodesk Sweden

    Eurodesk Sweden is hosted by the Swedish Agency for Youth and Civil Society. It is a government agency that works to ensure that young people have access to power and welfare. They also support the government in issues relating to civil society policy. Eurodesk is an information network that have hundreds of partners in many European cities and regions. They provide information to the European youth about study opportunities, work and volunteering.  ...

    Category: Contacts Location: Sweden