The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of a Vocational Upper Secondary School degree of this specialty:
1. Explains the key concepts, the sizes and basic principles of Electronics to the extent required for the performance of his professional work.
2. Identifies the basic electronic components and the materials used.
3. Explains electronic circuit diagrams.
4. Recognizes computer architecture.
5. Clarifies the technical manuals of the computer subsystems and of the peripheral devices.
6. Describes how to organize a warehouse containing materials, spare parts, tools and devices and how to take care for the safety of materials.
1. Operates the basic electronic instrumentation and performs electronic measurements.
2. Welds electronic components on a printed circuit board, based on an electronic drawing.
3. Assembles, installs and verifies the operation of PCs, peripherals and networks.
4. Uses special software for collecting, transmitting and verifying data.
5. Detects and restores damage to computer systems and computer networks.
6. Assembles simple circuits with microprocessors and programs them.
7. Selects the appropriate components for the assembly of a computer.
8. Accurately follows the manufacturer's instructions for the installation of the required materials.
9. Installs hard drives, drivers ROM CD, floppy drives, etc.
10. Installs network cards and expansion cards (video-audio, etc.) following the instructions in order to set them up for operation.
11. Is knowledgeable about installing and operating the operating system of the computer.
12. Connects the peripheral devices to the PC (monitor, printer, etc.) and selects in accordance with instructions the appropriate settings for the proper installation through the operating system.
13. Uses the basic software packages, spreadsheets, databases, word processing programs.
14. Properly connects the measuring and recording instruments to the computer in a laboratory and industrial environment (standards, interfaces).
15. Places properly, in accordance with safety standards, the wiring and connects the computers in a network.
16. Checks the wiring and the connections thereof by operating instruments measuring the quality of transmission.
17. Installs network applications and regulates the operation thereof.
18. Checks the network in order to identify the malfunction and detect it, using suitable technical manuals, suitable instruments, and the diagnostics for checking the material.
19. Restores malfunctions and replaces consumables.
20. Prepares the necessary ordering documents in order to procure the required spare parts or consumables.
1. Applies prior knowledge and skills in different work environments by taking initiatives and adapting his behaviour to the circumstances.
2. Works independently by taking responsibility for completing his work.
3. Understands his/her personal learning deficiencies and needs and selects ways and educational resources to meet those needs.
4. Looks for, selects and evaluates information and data in the context of professional and / or learning activities.
5. Works seamlessly with upper tier technicians and with his colleagues, acting as a member of the joint team.
6. Is capable of resolving, either alone, or by seeking appropriate help from others (as appropriate), the problems that may occur during the execution of his/her work.
VOCATIONAL UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOL “DEGREE” (PTYCHIO EPAGGELMATIKIS EIDIKOTITAS – EPA.L.)
Secondary Vocational Education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Holders of qualifications of this Type are entitled to obtain a professional license, along with the relevant rights, as provided by the pertinent legislation on the specific specialty.
Access to programmes leading to such qualifications is available for graduates of compulsory education or graduates of the 1st class of General Upper Secondary School (they may enrol in the 2nd class of EPAL).
Holders of qualifications of this type are entitled to obtain, following examinations, an EPAL Certificate. With the acquisition of EPAL Certificate they also gain access to the Apprenticeship Class (Level 5).
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.