The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of a Vocational Upper Secondary School degree of this specialty:
1. Identifies the basic electronic components and materials used in a computer system or computer network.
2. Uses the specified professional terminology established within the scope of his employment.
1. Develops simple web and multimedia applications.
2. Operates the key operating systems.
3. Operates the basic devices of a computer system.
4. Implements guidelines and rules referred to technical manuals for hardware and software.
5. Installs a simple local computer network and connects it to the Internet.
6. Detects failures to computer systems and computer communication systems in order to restore them or propose ways to resolve them.
7. Uses tools for the development and control of Internet and multimedia applications.
8. Uses good operation control tools for the hardware and network infrastructures.
9. Implements programmes for the technical support and customization of network infrastructures.
10. Identifies and uses the suitable protocols for the interconnection of devices and for communication.
11. Takes preventive safety measures during the diagnosis and repair procedure of malfunctions in computing systems.
12. Establishes a healthy and safe working environment.
13. Investigates the needs of the company (client) or the individual in hardware and software products.
14. Communicates with users / customers and promotes networking equipment and network services.
15. Operates and utilizes office automation software.
16. Prepares written reports about the planning, progress and results of operations.
1. Applies effectively and efficiently the knowledge obtained and the skills developed.
2. Develops basic skills of good behavior, communication and cooperation both at work, and with regard to his communication with citizens / customers.
3. Develops basic skills of professional accountability, consistency and diligence.
4. Applies prior knowledge and skills in different work environments by taking initiatives and adapting his behaviour to the circumstances.
5. Uses reference or user manuals for troubleshooting, knowledge acquisition, improve performance and professional integration.
6. Understands his personal learning deficiencies and needs, given also the rapid development of ICT, and selects ways and educational resources to meet those needs.
7. Is interested in his professional advancement and progress to a higher level of education.
8. Resolves, either alone, or by seeking appropriate help from others (as appropriate), the problems that may occur during the execution of his work.
9. Expresses environmental sensitivity (use of repaired material, recycling etc.).
VOCATIONAL UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOL “DEGREE” (PTYCHIO EPAGGELMATIKIS EIDIKOTITAS – EPA.L.)
Secondary Vocational Education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Holders of qualifications of this Type are entitled to obtain a professional license, along with the relevant rights, as provided by the pertinent legislation on the specific specialty.
Access to programmes leading to such qualifications is available for graduates of compulsory education or graduates of the 1st class of General Upper Secondary School (they may enrol in the 2nd class of EPAL).
Holders of qualifications of this type are entitled to obtain, following examinations, an EPAL Certificate. With the acquisition of EPAL Certificate they also gain access to the Apprenticeship Class (Level 5).
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.