The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of a Vocational Upper Secondary School degree of this specialty:
1. Describes the safe navigation systems, the electronic position-finding systems and the safe loading, stowage and cargo transport systems.
1. Operates the ship's safe navigation systems.
2. Operates the electronic position-finding systems of the ship.
3. Conducts safe bridge watch.
4. Manages the information and the human resources of the bridge.
5. Handles emergencies, and search and rescue operations.
6. Maintains ship stability.
7. Applies the procedures for preventing and fighting against sea pollution.
8. Operates the systems for the safe loading, stowing and transport of cargo.
9. Operates the rescue and fire-fighting means of the vessels.
1. Collaborates with other colleagues during the execution of his duties.
2. Works autonomously.
VOCATIONAL UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOL “DEGREE” (PTYCHIO EPAGGELMATIKIS EIDIKOTITAS – EPA.L.)
Secondary Vocational Education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Holders of qualifications of this Type are entitled to obtain a professional license, along with the relevant rights, as provided by the pertinent legislation on the specific specialty.
Access to programmes leading to such qualifications is available for graduates of compulsory education or graduates of the 1st class of General Upper Secondary School (they may enrol in the 2nd class of EPAL).
Holders of qualifications of this type are entitled to obtain, following examinations, an EPAL Certificate. With the acquisition of EPAL Certificate they also gain access to the Apprenticeship Class (Level 5).
Qualifications of this type are acquired via formal education.