The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Holders of a Vocational Upper Secondary School certificate:
1. Possess the basic principles and concepts, the content and scientific vocabulary of each subject area.
2. Acquire basic knowledge for conducting a research.
3. Have basic knowledge of linking different subject areas (interdisciplinary knowledge).
4. Possess the basic principles of the new technologies, at a sufficient level.
5. Write texts, depending on the current requirements (CV, projects, research results, applications, reports, etc).
1. Express their views with clarity on various issues opposing the appropriate arguments.
2. Use applications of new technologies, in an advanced degree.
3. Conduct experiments and record their results.
4. Engage in group work.
5. Take part in programmes concerning the environment, health education, sports and theatrical education.
1. Act with moderate autonomy at school or at work.
2. Supervise others in duties of their responsibilities in the work field.
3. Possess the necessary competence to meet the requirements of study in schools of higher education.
VOCATIONAL UPPER SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE (APOLYTIRIO EPAGGELMATIKOU LYKEIOU)
Secondary Vocational Education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
Holders of Vocational Upper Secondary School Certificate may work either as self-employed in professional fields where professional license or special studies are not required or as employees in public or private sector.
Access to EPAL is given to graduates of Gymnasium or the graduates of 1st grade GEL (enrolling at 2nd grade EPAL). The holders of Apolytirio EPAL have access:
-to I.E.K. (post-secondary vocational training) (level 5)
-to the Apprenticeship Class on the condition they also hold the EPAL Degree
-to tertiary education [Post-secondary and not Higher Education Schools (level 5), Technological Educational Institutes (TEI) (level 6)].
Formal education system