The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of an EPAS certificate of this specialty:
1. Identifies and describes the tissues, parts and essential components of the vines and describes the role they play for the proper growth of the plant, the nutrition method and the vine's growth stages.
2. Identifies and describes agricultural machinery used for land preparation, crop treatments, explains the role and function of each of them and makes minor repairs to agricultural machinery and equipment.
3. Selects appropriate plants and structures for the cultivation of the vine.
4. Distinguishes and recognizes the various categories of vine pests, diseases and weeds, and describes ways to address them.
5. Identifies the risks involved in the use of pesticides to address vine pest, disease and weeds.
6. Describes the basic principles of organic grape production.
7. Identifies the main cultivated Greek and exotic grape varieties in Greece and specifies the basic properties of each.
8. Identifies and describes the various stages in wine processing (white, rosé, red, dry, semi-sweet wines).
9. Describes the equipment and facilities of production and winery equipment.
1. Selects an appropriate location for establishing the vineyard, prepares the ground and establishes a vineyard.
2. Implements and takes care of the tended vines to produce grape (table, wine, mixed, raisins).
3. Prunes the vineyard in all ways by choosing the right tools.
4. Implements ways for tackling vine pest, disease and weed, taking appropriate measures to protect and further implements the basic principles for the growth of organic grape.
5. Monitors the ripening of grapes and harvests at the right time depending on the type and destination of grapes.
6. Sets, maintains and makes minor repairs to agricultural machinery used for soil preparation and cultivation treatments.
7. Constructs and maintains appropriate facilities and structures for the cultivation of the vine.
8. Participates in various stages of vine production (white, rosé, red, dry, semi-sweet wines) applying appropriate winemaking practices in collaboration with the oenologist / production supervisor to monitor the aging of wine and perform the operations at the various winemaking stages.
9. Operates the equipment and facilities of production, maintains and makes minor adjustments to the machinery and winery equipment, and cleans-consolidates the mechanical equipment (tanks, appliances, pipes, barrels, etc.) and interiors.
10. Manages and stores raw and auxiliary materials, intermediate and finished products in accordance with the production schedule.
11. Implements safety and quality management programs in the production of grapes and wine production.
12. Keeps data about the cultivations and applies the basic rules of agricultural economy.
13. Receives, sorts and records the tax documents in the books provided by tax law and fills in the necessary documents and forms.
1. Collaborates with other technicians in the performance of his duties, understands how to apply their instructions and takes care for the implementation of timelines set by superiors.
2. Participates in quality control of raw materials and auxiliary materials, intermediate and finished products under the supervision of an oenologist and takes care for ensuring the safe execution of the work and the health and safety of workers (workers / craftsmen) at the winery.
3. Works independently taking responsibility for completion of his work.
4. Applies good protection practices for the natural environment and ecosystems.
5. Develops core communication competencies.
6. Applies the basic rules of health and safety.
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL (EPA.S.) CERTIFICATE (PTYCHIO EPA.S.)
Post Lower secondary education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
License to provide services, in accordance with the provisions of each specialty.
Access to EPAS is given to graduates of 1st grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL).
The holders of Ptychio EPAS have access to:
- the 2nd grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or
- the 2nd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a non-related specialty to the obtained EPAS qualification.
- the 3rd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a specialty related to the obtained EPAS qualification.
Formal education system