The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of an EPAS certificate of this specialty:
1. Distinguishes the main categories and types of soil based on their mechanical incorporation.
2. Describes the various soil preparation stages for the cultivation of plants.
3. Identifies and describes the development stages of the crop.
4. Sorts, distinguishes and indicates the main horticultural crops and gardening cultivations (seasonal plants, annual, perennial, bulbous, shrubs and trees, flowering or not), used in garden construction and also describes the cultivation work for the development and maintenance thereof.
5. Describes and assess the role of fertilizers for plants and the role of organic matter for soil and plants.
6. Identifies the different categories of pests, diseases and weeds of flowers and ornamental plants, describes the methods available to address them, while taking appropriate protection measures, and recognizes the risks involved in the use of pesticides.
7. Identifies and describes the agricultural soil preparation machinery and crop treatments and explains the role and function thereof.
8. Recognizes tools (hand and machine) used in the construction and maintenance of gardens, parks and other technical works and machinery for the construction of landscaping projects (such as pergolas, benches, walkways, ponds, bridges, etc.).
9. Identifies and describes the premises and facilities of a floral exploitation.
10. Describes a greenhouse equipment.
11. Describes and identifies the facilities, equipment and materials required for the proliferation of plants and describe how they proliferate.
12. Identifies and describes the premises and facilities of a floral exploitation.
1. Prepares and shapes the surroundings and installs the garden, following the landscaping design of the applicable design.
2. Applies cultivation for the development and maintenance of the main plants (annual seasonal plants, perennials, bulbous, shrubs and trees, flowering or not), used in gardens.
3. Appropriately prepares the soil for cultivation.
4. Uses appropriate fertilizers and organic matter for the fertilization of plants.
5. Produces compost from plant residues.
6. Performs the necessary pruning in plants using appropriate tools.
7. Identifies the water needs of crops and the frequency and dose of irrigation.
8. Takes care of the plants in a gardening project depending on their growth stage, species and season.
9. Handles, regulates and sustains agricultural machinery used for the preparation of soil and farming operations.
10. Operates and maintains tools (hand and machine) used for taking care of gardens, parks and other planting projects.
11. Operates and maintains the construction and maintenance machinery for gardening projects (such as pergolas, benches, walkways, ponds, bridges, etc.) and carries out the construction thereof.
12. Applies the ways available exist for tackling the pest, disease and weed of flowers and ornamental plants, taking appropriate protective measures.
13. Harvests flowering plants, maintains and creates floral arrangements.
14. Sets the equipment of a greenhouse, repairs systems and produces plants by applying the appropriate techniques.
15. Proliferates plants through a suitable method.
16. Maintains proper management records for the operation and keeps abreast of developments in agriculture.
1. Collaborates with other technicians in the performance of his duties, understands how to apply their instructions and ensures the observation of the timelines set by his superiors.
2. Works independently, by taking responsibility for completing his tasks.
3. Applies the best practices to protect the natural environment and ecosystems.
4. Develops basic communication skills.
5. Applies the basic rules of health and safety.
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL (EPA.S.) CERTIFICATE (PTYCHIO EPA.S.)
Post Lower secondary education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
License to provide services, in accordance with the provisions of each specialty.
Access to EPAS is given to graduates of 1st grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL).
The holders of Ptychio EPAS have access to:
- the 2nd grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or
- the 2nd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a non-related specialty to the obtained EPAS qualification.
- the 3rd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a specialty related to the obtained EPAS qualification.
Formal education system