The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of an EPAS certificate of this specialty:
1. Understands and communicates with ease, using the terminology of the kitchen and kitchen in Greek and French.
2. Recognizes many different types of raw materials -and the possible deterioration thereof - with the purpose of optimizing their use in the manufacture of dishes.
3. Describes the basic principles of business administration, including concepts such as leadership, decision making, communication, etc.
4. Distinguish the individual parts of a hotel and catering company and analyses their operations.
1. Prepares simple and complex, warm and cold dishes and pastries, having the ability and knowledge to add to them his own personal touches.
2. Applies old and new trends in cooking and uses elements from different eating habits.
3. Presents the dishes to the customer in a way that adds to them.
4. Decorates the dishes using the appropriate tools and edible materials.
5. Safely uses the equipment (utensils, tools) of a kitchen.
6. Slices raw materials and especially the various types of fish - meat according to the preparations where they will be used.
7. Organizes various buffets.
8. Composes the menu based on specific nutrition standards and in accordance with market regulations, using the appropriate terminology.
9. Participates in the preparation and organization (technical, financial, etc.) of a restaurant.
10. Manages the stocks of the food business using special software for warehouse management.
11. Takes care for the adequacy of the food business in terms of suitable raw materials, organizing and executing purchases and deliveries of raw materials based on its needs.
12. Sets the prices for the dishes offered based costing rules, supply and demand and the pricing policy of the business.
1. Supervises the smooth running of the kitchen.
2. Staffs food business with manpower placing it in the appropriate places, while making proper allocation of work.
3. Implements and maintains the various quality assurance systems (HACCP, ISO) that apply to catering operations.
4. Implements and complies with the rules of hygiene (personal and food) and safety.
5. Applies the standards set by Greek legislation for the different types of food businesses.
6. Promotes Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, recognizing it as a means of tourism and cultural promotion.
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL (EPA.S.) CERTIFICATE (PTYCHIO EPA.S.)
Post Lower secondary education
Organization of Tourism Education and Training
License to provide services, in accordance with the provisions of each specialty.
Access to EPAS is given to graduates of 1st grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL).
The holders of Ptychio EPAS have access to:
- the 2nd grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or
- the 2nd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a non-related specialty to the obtained EPAS qualification.
- the 3rd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a specialty related to the obtained EPAS qualification.
Formal education system