The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of an EPAS certificate of this specialty:
1. Has core knowledge about the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
2. Describes the nursing techniques.
3. Identifies the rules of personal hygiene.
4. Identifies the elements of pathological conditions in a person.
1. Helps the patient follow the rules of personal hygiene.
2. Helps the Nurse Responsible in the administration of medicine to a patient and in the application of specialized nursing techniques.
3. Participates in taking and recording the patient's vital signs.
4. Provides care of personal hygiene to patients in bed.
5. Checks and takes care for the safe transport of the patient within the hospital.
6. Checks for the adequacy and proper use of consumables in the work area and suggests to the person responsible the procurement thereof.
7. Applies nursing techniques to the patient based on the individual nursing care plan of the patient issued by the Nurse Responsible, such as: Ηelp, care and support to a patient suffering from chronic, incurable illness or suffering from an accident or abuse - Provision of care to complications resulting from bedsores, with the purpose of preventing them - Assist in urination only through natural means - Monitoring of draining operations - Taking of restrictive measures for the safety of the patient - Collection of secretion samples - Application of physical methods for inducing hypothermia - hyperthermia - Measurement of fluids taken and excreted - Local pre-operating preparation - Simple dressings - Provision of help removing drains - Provision of help in placing a brace - Cleansing enema - Care of the cleanliness of the area and tools - Preparation of tools used, the dressing and clothing for sterilization - Sorting of tools, instruments, clothing equipment, serums, pharmaceutical material, etc. - Controlling the operation of tools and relevant reporting to the persons responsible - Arrangement of patient bed.
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL (EPA.S.) CERTIFICATE (PTYCHIO EPA.S.)
Post Lower secondary education
Ministry of Health
License to provide services, in accordance with the provisions of each specialty.
Access to EPAS is given to graduates of 1st grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL).
The holders of Ptychio EPAS have access to:
- the 2nd grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or
- the 2nd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a non-related specialty to the obtained EPAS qualification.
- the 3rd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a specialty related to the obtained EPAS qualification.
Formal education system