The National Qualifications Registry of Greece is a special software application (Database) that will include the qualifications classified in the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The holder of an EPAS certificate of this specialty:
1. Lists the external characteristics of livestock, describes the structure of their body systems and the physiological properties, and explains how the environment influences (climatic conditions and hygiene) their organism.
2. Distinguishes the main breeds or hybrids bred by branch of animal production and links them to their productive capacities.
3. Describes the neuro- hormonal and reproductive systems and their operation.
4. Formulates theories on heredity, the definition of cross-breeding, formulates the laws of Mendel and describes their practical applications in animal husbandry.
5. Lists, distinguishes and describes the genitals of male and female, describe oestrus cycle explaining the hormonal mechanism and also lists the diseases of the genital organs of livestock, the causes of infertility thereof and the prevention and treatment measures.
6. Describes the process of fertilization and the factors that ensure the smooth course thereof, while mentioning describing the ways of breeding animals and the hygiene measures to be taken during semen sampling and artificial insemination.
7. Describes the care for the animal during pregnancy, how to deal in dystocia cases, the care for the mother and the new-born after birth and during lactation.
8. Describes the programs of genetic improvement of livestock and formulates the foundations of the reproduction system (production figures, ancestral and progeny control) and holds the data archiving system.
9. Lists and describes the livestock farming systems of care and the work on the hygiene of livestock buildings.
10. Explains how diet influences the development and performance of the animal, states the nutrients, types of feed and their characteristics, figuring out the nutritional needs of animals as their situation, describes the technical preparation of rations and also describes the organic farming principles.
11. Identifies and describes the forage crops grown for fodder and pasture, and recognizes the poisonous weeds that grow in the cultivation of fields.
1. Applies the basic rules of nutrition and health of a farm animal production (conventional and organic farming), and the handling of the required equipment as appropriate for breeding: cows (dairy, beef and mixed versions), goats (dairy, beef and mixed versions), pigs, chickens (egg-producing, broiler), turkeys, bees.
2. Applies the rules of hygiene in animal husbandry areas and in collection and storage areas for the animal products.
3. Applies the branding of animals, when and where needed.
4. Removes unsuitable for breeding animals (sick, aged, unproductive).
5. Selects, operates, and maintains appropriate agricultural and livestock machinery and equipment for animal husbandry and proceeds to minor repairs.
6. Handles the beekeeping tools for the production of all bee products.
7. Cultivates forage.
8. Prepares silage feeds.
9. Keeps rearing data and uses the basic rules of agricultural economy.
10. Receives, sorts and records the tax documents in the books provided by tax law and fills in the necessary documents and forms
11. Distributes and processes livestock products.
1. Applies prior knowledge and skills in different environments and working conditions, and completes the tasks undertaken.
2. Works independently, taking responsibility for the completion of his work in the rearing of livestock.
3. Is able to obtain new information about his profession timely.
4. Resolves problems presented either alone or with the help of specialists, asking appropriate advice.
5. Develops basic communication skills.
6. Observes the basic rules of health and safety.
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL (EPA.S.) CERTIFICATE (PTYCHIO EPA.S.)
Post Lower secondary education
Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs
License to provide services, in accordance with the provisions of each specialty.
Access to EPAS is given to graduates of 1st grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL).
The holders of Ptychio EPAS have access to:
- the 2nd grade of General Upper Secondary School (Lykeio) or
- the 2nd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a non-related specialty to the obtained EPAS qualification.
- the 3rd grade of Vocational Upper Secondary School (EPAL), in a specialty related to the obtained EPAS qualification.
Formal education system